Last night I did a software update with desktop manager on my phone. While my phone was doing the final start my wife sent me 2 or 3 BBM's. I know because she asked me if I had gotten them and I told her my phone was starting up, and no, I hadn't gotten them. Then about 5 minutes later I realize that I still hadn't gotten them. I sent her a BBM and she got it. She replied to mine, but I never got it. I ended up downgrading my software to a version 5 and it still wasn't working. This morning I went back to version 6 and still nothing.

So here's what's going on: I can send BBM's to everyone, and they receive them. I am receiving BBM's from everyone, other than my wife. She can send BBM's to everyone just fine, except me. She can get BBM's from he just fine.
    I don't know if one has anything to do with the other, but we can send each other text messages just fine.

I deleted her from my contacts and added her again. She did the same thing to me. When she sent me a request, I got it, clicked accept, but them she just stayed down at the bottom in pending. When I sent her a request, she got it, accepted it, and boom, we were each others contacts.

When she sends me a BBM, her phone never shows a D next to the message, just a check mark saying it was sent.

I called Verizon about this and they made her delete and reinstall BBM, but that didn't do anything.

I did the resending of the service book as per instructions on youtube going in to settings, email, service books, send service books. I got an email saying that I had received them. We tried again, but I'm still not getting her BBM's, and she's getting mine.

I haven't got a clue about what's going on. I don't have many contacts, but I did send and receive BBM's from 3 other people today. I know that she was also sending and receiving BBM's from at least 3 other people today.

I really don't know enough about how this stuff works to try and fix it. If I had to take a guess, probably a wrong one, I'd say I'm not receiving messages from her because they're backed up 20 deep at this point.
    02-14-11 03:12 PM
    I reconnected my old Blackberry tonight and tried sending myself a BBM from my wife's phone, which I got just fine. So I ended up doing a wipe on my other phone, reconnected it, and BBM's now working fine. Not sure what it was.
    02-14-11 11:12 PM
    sometimes BBM can lock up and have little hiccups. good to see you got it sorted out. you tried everything i was gonna say you should have done.
    02-16-11 12:49 AM
    I'm going to have to bump this. I have a contact that I speak to every single day. We've been speaking for months, never had a problem, but now suddenly for the past 24 hours, she does not see nor receive my replies.

I see and receive her bbms
    When I send, there is just a check mark. No D.. No R.. Nothing

It happened mid conversation so there had been no change to anything that either one of us did, my bbm works fine with other contacts and hers works fine with other contacts.

What is going on? We both did battery pulls, we both deleted and reinstalled bbm, we both even updated to the new bbm.

No give.

HELP!
    04-22-11 02:06 PM
    I'm going to have to bump this. I have a contact that I speak to every single day. We've been speaking for months, never had a problem, but now suddenly for the past 24 hours, she does not see nor receive my replies.

I see and receive her bbms
    When I send, there is just a check mark. No D.. No R.. Nothing

It happened mid conversation so there had been no change to anything that either one of us did, my bbm works fine with other contacts and hers works fine with other contacts.

What is going on? We both did battery pulls, we both deleted and reinstalled bbm, we both even updated to the new bbm.

No give.

HELP!
    04-22-11 02:07 PM
    I work for T-Mobile (US) and had a customer today with the same issue. She had a friend in another country that she could not use BBM with. Her phone displayed on the check mark, but got no notification showing a D or an R. Her friend said that in the chat window on his phone that he could see when she was typing a message, but no message came through to his phone.

We tried just about everything possible. Her friend went to his carrier and they replaced his Berry, but that still did not work. I used my Berry, added him, and we had no problems using BBM, so the problem was with my customer's phone. We tried deleting and re-adding the contact, reinstalled BBM a couple of times, and we even talked with T-Mo Tech Care and RIM Technical Support, and a friend of mine that works for RIM. The guy from RIM said he could see data transmissions/activity and that her phone was working properly. I tried sending a pin to pin message from her phone, and that worked when i sent it to her own phone and my phone, but not to her friend in another country.

All said and done, doing a master reset didn't even fix the issue. So i just processed a warranty exchange for the customer, and hopefully a new phone will solve the issue. If anyone has any info, please let us know, as well as RIM. Thanks!
    05-12-11 10:01 PM
    Same issue with my girlfriend's 9700... Today it seems works a little bit fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 02:49 AM
    I have the exact same problem as sqfm11. Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this issue? Thanks.
    05-17-11 02:56 PM
    I have one contact in my list that I use BBM with several times per day. In the last two days, I have stopped receiving messages from her via BBM. She receives mine but her replies have stopped coming through. I am on T-mobile and she is on Sprint but two of my other contacts on Sprint have no problems sending/receiving on BBM with me. She has no problems with any of her other contacts.

I just did a full wipe and reinstall this morning on my BB Curve 8900. Guess we will try and do the same thing on her BB tonight.
    06-01-11 11:26 AM
    So within the past 30 minutes (after 5:00pm my time) suddenly ALL of the BBMs from the one contact I wasn't receiving messages from flooded my phone.

We did nothing additional from what I posted yesterday.

Everything is back to normal.
    06-02-11 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD