As of last friday my blackberry messenger has stopped receiving all messages. I can send them and they get delivered and read, but the D never turns to an R and i dont get the replies. Ive battery pulled, deleted bbm and reinstalled it and i have called verizon for help. nothing works. Ive even re-registered my host routing tables. Does anyone know whats going on?
    05-26-10 09:28 AM
    Are you getting the 1XEV in capitals? If its in lower case, you dont have a data connection, which will effect the BBM.

Also, you can go to "manage connections" and make sure that you are connected to the mobile network.

You can also try to "cycle" the mobile network off for about 30 seconds, then back on again.
    05-26-10 10:14 AM
    i have a 3G with the blackberry symbol and i noticed when i turned off the connection my blackberry symbol went away, so i am connected. my internet and txts all work perfectly. i did a diagnostics test on it and the pin-pin=no if that means anything?
    05-26-10 10:26 AM
    Try a *228.
    05-26-10 10:50 AM
    tried that too
    05-26-10 10:55 AM
    If the D doesn't change to an R, then they haven't been read, just delivered. Have you verified that the recipients are actually receiving the messages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 12:36 PM
    yes, my g/f has the same phone and i can send her a bbm while she's sitting next to me, it gets delivered she reads it, but it never turns to R on my phone, she replies and i never get it
    05-27-10 06:59 AM
    It's not uncommon for D status to remain in D even after they've been read. This happens if they were in D for a long time (over night or after a reboot). Not sure why this happens but I've seen this numerous times on various devices and networks.

I wish I knew if there was a time limit for updates from one status to another.
    05-27-10 07:59 AM
    You are not getting BBM replies at all, or just the status indicators?

Are you on a BES? If so, maybe your administrator changed your IT policy.
    05-27-10 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD