I have a Verizon 9930 and ive read that while using BBM to message another BlackBerry you were able to see when the message is delivered and sent but I dont see what people are talking about. Could someone possibly point out where i should look or what i should do to utilize BBM fully. Thanks.
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section but there seems to be the most traffic in the General section.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 09:29 AM
    The correct letters are D= delivered and R= read. After you send a message to one of your contacts, at the beginning of your message, you will see either the D or R. Its small, but its there.
    06-27-12 09:34 AM
    Thats what i read i should be seeing but all i see are little circles next you each message.

06-27-12 09:36 AM
    The little circles are in the messages you receive, not the ones you send.
    06-27-12 09:41 AM
    The D and R are next to the checkmark at the beginning of the message you send out.
    06-27-12 09:42 AM
    Im using BBM right now to talk to my sister, and when i send a message there is a checkmark that is beside the message, nothin changes from there and my bad the circles are on the ones i receive

06-27-12 09:43 AM
    i wish i could give you screenshots to show you what im seeing. if someone could help me and possibly BBM me my PIN is 32FEF84D, maybe i set it up wrong.

06-27-12 09:52 AM

Thats what you should be seeing the little D and R next to the check mark.
    06-27-12 09:52 AM
    yeah ive got the checkmark but no D or R and i know its BBM because when my sister messages me the BBM notification logo pops up.

06-27-12 09:54 AM
    RESOLVED! Thanks guys.

06-27-12 10:37 AM
    RESOLVED! Thanks guys.

What was it then? share for future reference
    06-27-12 10:41 AM
    well the conversation was appearing as a BBM but she hadnt accepted my PIN request therefore it was acting like a regualr text message. she accepted it and BAM, BBM.

SK122387 likes this.
    06-27-12 10:45 AM
    Ha! gad you got it sorted mate.
    06-27-12 10:47 AM
    well the conversation was appearing as a BBM but she hadnt accepted my PIN request therefore it was acting like a regualr text message. she accepted it and BAM, BBM.

Now you have the total awesome BBM experience!
    06-27-12 11:03 AM
    I think this still relates, but can someone explain why people like BBM over SMS so much?

When my friends had BBM i used it a couple of times, but for the most part we just texted each other. Now that my friends have moved to other platforms, I dont use it all.

I know BBM is great for communicating with people oversees and group chats, but other than that, whats the real advantage?
    06-27-12 11:10 AM
    Text is good for smaller messages. But as this thread points out, BBM lets you know that your message is read or not.
    Also, can easily integrate other apps with BBM nowadays, have personalized status messages, avatars, send voice notes, and lots more than simple text.
    06-27-12 11:19 AM
    Also allow you to listen to music from another BBM users Phone. My son has music on his Phone & I can see what he is listening by checking His BBM status on my Phone. Also you can send short voice note threw BBM.
    06-27-12 11:30 AM
    I like it because I find SMS very confining with regards to how long your message can be.

I like having the D and the R. It provides more of a sense of connectivity to the person on the other side.

I like that I can send texts and pics via BBM to contacts in Guyana even when I am in Toronto for no extra cost.

Also its like a mini social app with its own profile but its not open to anyone aside from who you want to see it.

Just some of the reasons I love my BBM and my BlackBerry.
    06-27-12 11:42 AM
    So I guess you can take advantage of BBM if you actually have some BBM contacts lol

06-27-12 02:24 PM
    Honestly I wish carriers would invent something like iMessage, but for ALL phones.
    Like how iMessage lets you know if your text has been read or not within the stock texting/messaging app lol.
    But have it work on all platforms over all carriers.

I'd love that lol.

But anyways, BBM is pretty pointless if none of your friends have BB

shemaree09 likes this.
    06-27-12 02:39 PM
    BBM is a cornerstone of RIM, and always used as a messaging tool. Compared with iMessage, BBM is more secure. The BB community is still fairly large and I'm sure there are new friends that you can find out there. My friends have all migrated from BB to other devices, but I still love my BB and still use BBM with my pals from overseas and people I meet and add in BBM from the forums.

Having a BB without using BBM is like having Jessica Alba as your wife but just to look at only. It just isn't a complete experience...
    06-27-12 07:36 PM
    BBM is a cornerstone of RIM, and always used as a messaging tool. Compared with iMessage, BBM is more secure. The BB community is still fairly large and I'm sure there are new friends that you can find out there. My friends have all migrated from BB to other devices, but I still love my BB and still use BBM with my pals from overseas and people I meet and add in BBM from the forums.

Having a BB without using BBM is like having Jessica Alba as your wife but just to look at only. It just isn't a complete experience...
    06-27-12 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD