Love my BB and use it for work, but not BES/corporate issued. Colleagues in the office have all sorts of smartphones, we email & text each other. Ditto w/other friends. BBM seems superior from what I know, but it jsut doesn't seem relevant. I guess I could mae an effort to use it in place of BBM for my BB friends & colleagues....any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 10:00 PM
    I would seriously use it, you don't have a character limit, don't pay for texts and it sends fast and you get the confirmation that they got/read it. I would use it even if you have unlimited texting I would still use it.
    11-11-10 10:02 PM
    It was a fairly convenient way to communicate when I had a BB although I never knew anybody in person who owned a BB.

If your friends and coworkers have BB devices i'd probably use BBM vs text because SMS on a BB isn't as convenient as on other devices...
    11-11-10 10:07 PM
    very verry new here
    11-11-10 11:55 PM
    ^^i suggest you post in the newbie section instead of attempting to raise post count like this.

@OP, if you can't find a need for it, it probably won't work for you and forcing it down won't help.
    11-12-10 12:08 AM
  6. T
    I would use it, but none of my friends have BlackBerries. (That's probably just because I don't have many friends.) But they do sit at their computers all day, and I use other instant messengers to chat with them, BB to computer.
    11-12-10 01:06 AM
    Bbm is amazing. If bbm died I would die too.

11-12-10 02:03 AM
    I have bbm, use it occasionally, but I still won't go without it.

11-12-10 04:35 AM
    I use BBM a lot to comunicate with family and friends that leave abroad (in my home country), its a great tool since its free of charge.
    11-12-10 04:42 AM
    Nope - the only time in the 2 plus years I had a berry that I used BBM was a couple of file transfers.

Never used it. In fact, I hated it. I really don't like that read notice. If I don't want to answer you immediately it's none of your effin' business.
    11-12-10 08:16 AM
    Never used it. In fact, I hated it. I really don't like that read notice. If I don't want to answer you immediately it's none of your effin' business.
    How angry!
    relax, have a beer, it's Friday!
    11-12-10 08:30 AM
    Nope - the only time in the 2 plus years I had a berry that I used BBM was a couple of file transfers.

Not only that, but how many times has BBM been down because of RIM's servers or other issues. I can count numerous times it took days for a message to get through. How is that efficient? I'm thinking of trying Kik Messenger. It sounds intriguing.
    11-12-10 08:40 AM
    Email, sms and mms for me. Used bbm maybe twice then dumped it. If I knew more bb users I would load it back. But I am surrounded by droids, iphones, htc's and lg's!

11-12-10 08:58 AM
    I love bbm!
    11-12-10 09:19 AM
    I've never used it, although I've had a BB for over two years. I end up using cross-platform IM services, precisely because not everybody has a BB, and those who do can't be bothered using a special IM service just for those who do have BBs.

Ubizmo
    11-12-10 09:22 AM
    BBM is useless to me. None of my friends have BBs.

I have unlimited texting, so, eh.
    11-12-10 09:55 AM
    I used BBM once I think...Just to try it out. Other than that, I prefer just text messaging
    11-12-10 10:18 AM
    Love my BB and use it for work, but not BES/corporate issued. Colleagues in the office have all sorts of smartphones, we email & text each other. Ditto w/other friends. BBM seems superior from what I know, but it jsut doesn't seem relevant. I guess I could mae an effort to use it in place of BBM for my BB friends & colleagues....any suggestions?

dude, everyone is different. I use BBM numerous times per day, every weekday. What was your point in posting?? What sort of "suggestion" are u expecting??
    11-12-10 10:51 AM
    i rarely use bbm..my friends dont have blackberries. my contacts are mostly people ive met here. its not really a big deal to me
    11-12-10 03:29 PM
    Yeah, I don't really use it either. Not to many friends with BlackBerries. For work, I do some pretty weird shifts, so mine helps me keep track of everything. If I had more friends or colleagues with BB's, I'd definitely use it.

11-12-10 05:34 PM
    When i had my BB's the only people i would BBM is our newest Mod and my wife.... it's okay for what it is... but nothing to post "if BBM quits i'm going to die".... it's a gloried google talk.
    11-12-10 05:49 PM
    I used to use it a lot, but now that I'm working I don't have time to use it much. No issues with the platform, tho; just don't know many people who have BBs.
    11-12-10 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD