Hello, I own Bold 9700 and recently had upgraded to OS6 and it was working super fine untill i used "shrink a os" and my phone just crashed,, iwas not able to use my phone properly,, the screen had gone white but some basic features were still working,, then i just downgraded my back to OS 5 and it was all fine once again,, but now when i try to upgrade it back to OS 6 it is not being possible,, When i click on App Loader, in selection window where we can select n deselect modules etc, there is no option of OS 6 , it just shows me my already installed apps,,,
    i have tried setiing up of OS6 in system again but still d same prob,,
    if anyone can plz help...
    01-27-11 02:06 AM
    You were on OS 6 then you shrunk and broke it. On OS 5 you were fine, so you basically 'broke' your blackberry when it was operating fine before all of this. Maybe you should stick to what you are used to and not steer away from it. Just suggesting, if it ain't broken, you don't need to fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 03:50 AM
    Delete all files of OS6 from computer.
    Redownload whatever version of OS6 you like (I'm currently on the latest 448
    Wipe phone using BBSAK.
    Use App Loader method to reinstall OS6.
    Only shrink the OS if you REALLY know what you're doing or ask one of the extremely talented people on this forum how and what to shrink(I am NOT one of those extremely talented. Just pretty talented).
    Ignore RB's unhelpful post.
    Enjoy OS6.

01-27-11 06:16 AM
    You were on OS 6 then you shrunk and broke it. On OS 5 you were fine, so you basically 'broke' your blackberry when it was operating fine before all of this. Maybe you should stick to what you are used to and not steer away from it. Just suggesting, if it ain't broken, you don't need to fix it.
    Wow, RB. That was completely unnecessary.
    heartspeace likes this.
    01-27-11 11:30 AM
    I was stating the obvious on what occurred. Sorry if I sounded crude.

01-28-11 03:30 AM

+1 mate. Looks like the OP is just wanting to spoil his BB which was running fine.
    Last edited by Matrix Leader; 01-28-11 at 04:56 AM.
    01-28-11 04:51 AM

Why don't you suggest something useful then instead of pin point at RootBrian who is a very good member and very well known to always be ready to help

I understand why he said what he did as the OP clearly stated that he was running a stable phone that was running good for a while when he started to tamper with it.

RootBrian wasn't rude, he stated a fact (ie. If it ain't broke, don't fix it)
    01-28-11 04:56 AM
    Hello, I own Bold 9700 and recently had upgraded to OS6 and it was working super fine untill i used "shrink a os" and my phone just crashed,, iwas not able to use my phone properly,, the screen had gone white but some basic features were still working,, then i just downgraded my back to OS 5 and it was all fine once again,, but now when i try to upgrade it back to OS 6 it is not being possible,, When i click on App Loader, in selection window where we can select n deselect modules etc, there is no option of OS 6 , it just shows me my already installed apps,,,
    i have tried setiing up of OS6 in system again but still d same prob,,
    if anyone can plz help...

Uninstall any BlackBerry Software from the control panel then restart your PC

Now install the latest version of OS 6 that you want, then delete the vendor.xml file then upgrade. Should work
    01-28-11 04:58 AM
    RB and ML, you two deserve each other.
    howarmat, andyahs and rick0415 like this.
    01-28-11 06:01 AM
    RB and ML, you two deserve each other.

Well thank you Mama, RootBrian is a highly respected member IMO
    01-28-11 06:40 AM
    ML, since you are too think to understand it, MM just insulted you. That was not a compliment.

In that case, +1 meg
    01-28-11 04:15 PM
    How does one "upfrade" by the way? Is that what's hot in the streets now, "upfrading"?

01-28-11 04:37 PM
    Well thank you Mama, RootBrian is a highly respected member IMO
    Wow. You complimented RB and insulted him all in one sentence.
    01-28-11 04:47 PM
    Has the OP answered back? Did the suggestions help?

01-28-11 07:03 PM

Wtf dude!!! If u can't offer op an advice to his/her problem than shut the fuc* up

heartspeace likes this.
    01-30-11 11:10 PM
    You're all acting like children. I hope the OP was able to resolve his situation. To the OP, in the future, read before you use Shrink.

01-30-11 11:14 PM
    +1 mate. Looks like the OP is just wanting to spoil his BB which was running fine.
    Ow what we have here, a perfect couple !!!! Though you'll change the attitude ML after being banned once

01-30-11 11:14 PM
    No need to bash, I certainly won't stop helping people. OP shouldn't use the shrink utility without knowing what it is capable of doing.

01-30-11 11:36 PM
    Have to agree with this old post. The post he was referring to discourages one from trying new things, experimenting, etc. We all have been in the position to try new things and screwing something of ours up and wanted help from others - all the way back to being a kid and breaking a toy and asking for help to fix it, to many marriages today. Only those full of pride wont ask help from others, in spite of them needing it desperately. Yes I was always the one to ask the questions in college extending the class, and yes I graduated also at the top of the class - because I asked for help. Yet I admit I am far from perfect and screw many things up because I like to try new things - as we all do. Kudos to him from trying something new.

Patience is a virtue and a gift to others.

Wtf dude!!! If u can't offer op an advice to his/her problem than shut the fuc* up

Last edited by heartspeace; 07-12-11 at 03:57 PM.
    07-12-11 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD