I have the latest version of Yahoo Messenger (the native app from RIM), version 2.5.32. I checked the help on RIM's site.

It says:
    "If your BlackBerry device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you might be able to send files that are stored on your organization's network. For more information about accessing a file from your organization's network, click the Help icon on the Home screen of your BlackBerry device.

1. On the contact list screen, highlight an online contact.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click Send File.
    4. Perform one of the following actions:
    * To send a picture, click Picture. Click a picture.
    * To send a document, click File. Click a file.
    * To send a voice note, click Voice Note. Record your message. Click Send.
    * To send a contact attachment, click Contact.
    * To send multiple files, click Multiple. Click a file. Click Add another file. Click another file. Click Send."

When I highlight an online contact and press the Menu key, I do not have "Send File" as an option. I only see Start Conversation, Invite to Conference, Add a Contact, Ignore a User, Create New Group, Contact Details, Delete Contact, Appear Offline to. . ., My Details, Email (contact's name), MMS (contact's name), Link to BlackBerry Contact, Show in Home Screen, Options, Sign Out, Switch Application, Close.

What is wrong here? Is sending files to Yahoo Messenger contacts only an option on BES?
    05-01-10 11:25 AM
    Open Contact X->Menu->Send File->your list is now on the screen.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 09:46 PM