Alas! I have no one to BBM, because my twin switched to team I Phone, My oldest sis has a Windows Phone,and My next to youngest sis has an I Phone as well. And don't even get me started on my friends. They've gone all Android on me. Should I switch from BB as well? I mean, BB is cool, but everyone else has better apps and games.

I am in a quandary. 0_0
    07-07-12 03:14 PM
    Because those phones do not have bbm so what? You can't still text, call, liveprofile, ymessenger, aim or etc with them?

Why do you need or want to change just because no one to bbm with? It isn't the only way to keep in touch.
    07-07-12 03:21 PM
    They have no one to bbm either. Looks like you are all text messaging now.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-07-12 03:23 PM
    I'd say get them on a similar messaging app, and blast them with the blazing response speed that only a BB keyboard phone can give you.
    07-07-12 03:23 PM
    Find some BBM friends in the PIN sharing part on CB and other PIN sharing sites / apps.

Some nutters out there but siv through and you'll find some goodens.

I use to have many BBM friends now not as many but better quality who can string a sentence together and who aren't monosyllabic.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 07-07-12 at 03:30 PM.
    07-07-12 03:28 PM
    I have found some really nice people to BBM right here from this forum.

As far as my real life face-to-face friends, I SMS them which works great for me, as I really don't care what type of phone they use (what works best for them), I can still keep in contact.

BBM or SMS or any of the other messaging ways all work in the end - to stay in touch.
    pantlesspenguin and Spencerdl like this.
    07-07-12 03:34 PM
    Alas! I have no one to BBM, because my twin switched to team I Phone, My oldest sis has a Windows Phone,and My next to youngest sis has an I Phone as well. And don't even get me started on my friends. They've gone all Android on me. Should I switch from BB as well? I mean, BB is cool, but everyone else has better apps and games.

I am in a quandary. 0_0

apps and games apps and games... how do they advance your life?
    Just time wasters.

BBs are for those who want to improve their life situation with productivity.
    Hold your head a notch higher then them.
    and yes, yahoo messenger app works quite well for staying in touch with the "others"

as for friends, we got your back!
    The best people use BB. Just look around in there.
    07-07-12 03:44 PM
    If you like your BB, keep it. You can still reach out to your friends and family through text/SMS or even programs like AIM or MSN.

I personally wouldn't give up a phone that I liked/Loved because everyone else has. You can still communicate with them, just not using your phones proprietary chatting program. It should still be the same phone you like/love.
    07-07-12 04:05 PM
    The reason why I want to BBM is because i like it better than texting. i like it better for scheduling things with friends, and chatting while playing a game. Thanks for the messaging app suggestions, though. and BB is better for success minded people. i just like a game or two of good quality when I'm not occupied at the moment..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-07-12 04:06 PM
    Your quandry is only perception. I have a twin too, and we yak all day long on BBM and enjoy it. My wife on the other hand has an android phone and we yak all day long on SMS. Its all good. My brother is the only BB contact I have, but I dont fret over lack of BBM contacts, and it certainly doesnt sway me from BB because of it.

Hold your head high, for you have a device by which all others are judged.
    07-07-12 04:17 PM
    you're all right. I shouldn't want to switch just because everyone else has. I do love my BB, and It will better suit me for my 1st year in college anyway...But I love yall's epic comments! especially Wino Ryder, Moonbaseone, and PheonixSun!
    kbz1960 and OniBerry like this.
    07-07-12 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD