Blackberry storm 2 user that is not too happy! Got a question on how to deal with this. I have a verizon storm 2 that is unlocked. I recently moved to Germany and got a T-Mobile prepaid card and put it into the phone! So, no BBM, no DATA at all! Whats the deal with that? I have to put my verizon sim in to check facebook and BBM my pals then switch back! There has to be a way to get this to work? Any ideas, help
    03-18-11 01:22 AM
    Since your German T-Mobile SIM is in your phone, you need to find a way to subscribe to BIS with them. Cause you service will follow the Global Roaming SIM card, doesn't follow the phone itself, unless you're in North America

No way around it.
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 03-18-11 at 01:36 AM.
    03-18-11 01:30 AM
    Verizon storm 2 9550 is for CDMA/EV-DO network or World Edition(with both GSM/CDMA)? In europe we have Storm 2 9520 GSM/HDSPA network and maybe thats the reason you cant get data...
    03-18-11 05:17 AM
    Having the exact same problem here in the states ( and it was working fine.) I got some things fixed (email, bbm.) On Tmobile site, select the 8900 as your phone and resend service books. I also saw a data problem due to a $1.00 bill (yes that is one dollar.) If all else falls, check you service plan with Tmobile support (they generally will try to help with unlocked phones.
    The only thing I am still having trouble with is TeleNav (and it was working fine on my Storm2 also. I think Tmobile changed something in their Network with the recent addition of 4G.
    03-18-11 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD