I've noticed that Contacts that I've added in the past week or so are not getting synced to my Gmail account. I definitely have Contact sync turned on, but it's just not happening. Is anyone else experiencing this, and do you have any idea how to get it to work? T-Mobile doesn't.

Device: 9780 running .480
    04-04-11 08:39 AM
    In case anyone's interested, upgrading the OS to .526 didn't help. Still no BB to Gmail contact sync.
    04-05-11 12:48 PM
    Does anyone have any idea which COD files are needed for BIS contact sync with Gmail?
    04-06-11 01:44 PM
    Do you happen to have multiple address books by chance. To check, go back into Contacts, press menu, select options, do you see more than 1 book listed under "Contact Lists" ? If so then that might be the culprit.
    04-06-11 02:23 PM
    I'm having similar issues right now running .524 on my 9650. I can't get my sync to work at all. Says problem trying to communicate with the application and to press ok and try again. Email works fine and all other BIS just not the sync. I only have the 1 email that I use and sync contacts/calendar.
    04-06-11 04:07 PM
    Do you happen to have multiple address books by chance. To check, go back into Contacts, press menu, select options, do you see more than 1 book listed under "Contact Lists" ? If so then that might be the culprit.
    Thanks for the suggestion. There's just one mail address there. For what it's worth, my BB calendar is syncing with Google with no problem. But the Contacts are not syncing in either direction.

I really don't know how long this has been going on. I do most of my operations with contacts on the BB, and I simply assumed that new contacts were getting added to Gmail on the web. It's only been a couple of weeks that I've been aware of it.

@FlashOp -- Is there some way that you manually get it to sync? I don't know how to do that.
    04-07-11 07:46 AM
    Further update: Gmail to BB sync seems to be working, but not BB to Gmail.
    04-07-11 07:43 PM
    I found a fix.

In email account management, under "Synchronization Options", uncheck "Contacts", and Save. Then check it and Save again. I don't know why T-Mobile's Blackberry support didn't think of it, or why I didn't try it earlier, but it worked.
    04-15-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD