My daughter had an 8900, but has never been able to receive or send BBMs, emails or facebook stuff while talking on the phone. She gets SMS & MMS just fine, but nothing internet related.
    The 'notify me during calls' for Blackberry Messenger Alert is set to 'yes', so why don't they come through. As soon as she hangs up from the call, the BBMs, emails & facebook notifications wll come through.....
    01-11-10 05:45 PM
    Data does not work while on the phone... unless you have your Wifi on and using an active Wireless Router... 3G phone can do this, but the 8900 is not 3G.
    01-11-10 06:00 PM
    BBM uses data. Phone calls and SMS use voice and voice is the priority for the
    phone. That is why no data related functions come through while she is on the
    phone until the call is done.
    01-11-10 06:01 PM
    Data does not work while on the phone... unless you have your Wifi on and using an active Wireless Router... 3G phone can do this, but the 8900 is not 3G.
    Aaaaah, I have a 9000, so I automatically though something was wrong with her phone....thanx for clearing this up for me
    01-11-10 07:10 PM
    Glad I could help clear that up for you.
    01-11-10 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD