i have 9700 running os 405 .i had to do backup restore after my bb weather was not working correctly.that now works fine but i can't find my icon for b messenger .i have the latest version of bbm on my phone it shows up in apploader and my application list but i don't have an icon so i can't use it.i looked in download file no icon .i looked in messenger folder no bbm icon .i used desktop uninstalled and reinstalled bbm still no icon .do i have to just download and install a different os ? why can't i find the icon?
    01-24-10 01:26 AM
    If you have show all checked to make sure it's not hidden somewhere and checked all folders. You can just redownload bbm from Appworld.
    01-24-10 01:32 AM
    Press the button just to the left of the trackpad for 2 or 3 seconds, the one with the RIM logo on it, does BBM show up?
    01-24-10 07:40 AM
    If it still doesn't show up, you can delete the one in your application list and reload it here I hope you had your contacts backed up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 08:24 AM
    Don't forget to do a battery pull, that fixed my missing BBM icon
    01-24-10 09:20 AM
    Check in the IM folder.
    01-24-10 02:51 PM
    thanks for the quick replies guys.i did all the above battery pull i deleted it .and redownloaded new bbm nothing no icon.i even did restore where i had bbm working nada.so today i downloaded and installed os 442.and everything with phone is good bbm back and working .thanks
    Last edited by nuangel2; 01-24-10 at 04:31 PM.
    01-24-10 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD