Updated to 5.0 via Mac DM. BBM didn't install, so I downloaded from rim's site. Now there are no contacts on my BBM.. Any help would be great. I tried sending my service books and everything.
    10-25-09 11:22 PM
    same here any helppppp
    10-25-09 11:31 PM
    You should be able to restore your contacts by pressing the BB button and selecting to restore your contact list using e-mail. This is while your in BBM and assuming you used BBM 5.0 before upgrading to OS 5.0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 03:00 AM
    my bbm 5.0 worked fine until i installed OS 5.0.....now all my BBM contacts are gone and i do not see a "restore contact using email" anymore. what do i do?!?!
    10-26-09 05:55 AM
    I have the same problem. Had BBM 5.0, prior to installing OS 5.0 last night. Now, all my BBM contacts are gone and I do not have the option to "restore contact using email".

I did have that option prior to upgrading to OS 5.0
    10-26-09 08:38 AM
    I had the same problem when I loaded the new OS from DM. I followed these steps:

1. Uninstalled BBM 5.0 via DM
    2. Deleted the "archive" version in my Downloads folder
    3. Reinstalled BBM 5.0 from OTA link
    4. Then restored my only my BBM database via the Advanced Restore option in DM from the backup that was created before the OS update

In between those step there are going to be few required re-boots. It's a pain, but worked for me. Not sure why a lot of people seem to be having this issue.
    Last edited by thinkso; 10-26-09 at 08:46 AM.
    10-26-09 08:43 AM
    First verify you have BBM 5 install and not 4.7, this can happen if you didnt install the OS correctly

if you do, then bb>restore contact list

you should have a few options including email or backup file

If not, delete BBM and then go here and install

www.blackberry.com/messenger
    10-26-09 08:45 AM
    You should have the BBM contacts either backed up in DM or through your email in BBM5. Keep seraching. I restored using email.
    10-26-09 08:46 AM
    THanks!

That was exactly my problem. I had 4.7 installed somehow. Anyways, just went to Appworld, downloaded messenger and was able to get everything back via the "restore contacts list" option.

all is good again!
    10-26-09 08:56 AM
    I had the same problem when I loaded the new OS from DM. I followed these steps:

1. Uninstalled BBM 5.0 via DM
    2. Deleted the "archive" version in my Downloads folder
    3. Reinstalled BBM 5.0 from OTA link
    4. Then restored my only my BBM database via the Advanced Restore option in DM from the backup that was created before the OS update

In between those step there are going to be few required re-boots. It's a pain, but worked for me. Not sure why a lot of people seem to be having this issue.

Woo hoo, my BBM 5.0 is back. Thanks for the instructions. My path was slightly different but it worked. After downloading BBM 5.0, it told me that BBM 5.0 already existed on my Storm. So I aborted the install and searched in every folder possible and found nothing. I also looked in Options/Applications and found no BBM 5.0 or the earlier version either. I re-downloaded and installed and Voila the icon was in the IM folder. I followed the steps and it restored my contacts as well. Yay almost back to normal.
    10-26-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD