03-26-11 11:08 AM
140 ... 456
tools
    Android has the most number of critical vulnerabilities period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 03:10 PM
    Android has the most number of critical vulnerabilities period.

the fact is android webkit was not hacked and BB webkit was hacked. If you care about security I would definitely look toward android.
    03-24-11 03:19 PM
    the fact is android webkit was not hacked and BB webkit was hacked. If you care about security I would definitely look toward android.
    Simpleton logic is so amusing:

'Unhackable' Android phone can be hacked

Hackers can take complete control of an Android phone.
    03-24-11 03:49 PM
    Why would use the basis of one security competition as proof that an entire platform is more secure in general... Doesn't matter what platform won or lost, choosing anything based on those results a lone is STUPID....

If IOS was the most secure platform in the results of this contest, and you take that logic out into the world stating that IOS is the most secure platform period, you are making huge assumptions that are flawed...

That is, unless you're one of those people who actually believes security is a product...
    03-24-11 03:55 PM
    As a matter of fact, an Android phone was hacked, but the guy turned the bug over to Google just days before Pwn2own because he thought his hack was outside of the contest rules.

03-24-11 04:05 PM
    Wow Dutch just got pwned, lol!

rollingrock1988 likes this.
    03-24-11 07:29 PM
    Wow Dutch just got pwned, lol!

What do you expect when he tells folks to look to android for security. Kevin should drive to his house and butch slap him for that statement.

03-24-11 07:46 PM
    Agree'd....he needs a c...bar of soap in his potty mouth....

03-24-11 08:07 PM
    I'm sorry, but did I just read that right? Because the bug wasn't seen at Pwn2Own, it means Android is more secure, when you hear constant stories of Android being hacked? Thanks, I'll stick to my "insecure oudated BlackBerry that I should be brutally murdered for using"... someone's been drinking too much Google kool-aid. By the way, how's the information circulation over there
    03-24-11 09:50 PM
    it really looks like BB browser got owned. and the android one sailed through the competition. Doesn't rimm constantly tout BB security? I guess there needs be some new "talking points" distributed.
    I'll say it again, really slow this time so even you might grasp it.

Android sailed through the competition because nobody touched it.

Somebody did hack an Android phone shortly before the Pwn2own, but thought that his hack violated the rules of the competition, so he turned the bug he exploited over to Google about a week before it started. He was quoted later as having been kicking himself for pi$$ing away a legitimate shot at $15K by doing that instead of holding onto it until the competition.

Here it is in black and white, read it and weep:
    Researcher blows $15K by reporting bug to Google

Get it? Your precious Android OS was hacked.

Here's a new talking point: why don't you try learning a new tune, because this old one is really, really tired.
    03-24-11 11:40 PM
    Well it does run at a delay that's why I don't use the app. It just like you being dissatisfied with RIM. Of course there are people who love or is satisfied with RIM.

But the only person that you worry about being satisfied is yourself.

Well it's the same way with me and the FB app. Yea you and some other people may love or are satisfied with the app's performance.

I'm not.
    I certainly didn't mean to sound like I was chastising you - I am honestly curious as to why it's delayed for you. What's funny is that after I posted about my notifications not working, I upgraded to the latest Darky ROM and suddenly POOF - my notifications were working. I kinda had to wonder if it's SAMSUNG'S ROM that is the issue, but then my husband doesn't get his notifications on the HTC Desire Z.

It's definitely spotty on Android, at least in my experience on a couple of phones. That said, though, the weakness with the stock app is replaced by the Samsung and LPP widgets so its all good.

I really do have to wonder what the issue is.

I do remember that I had a lot of problems with the RIM app the last time I used it, which was on my Storm (but that was also around the time of all the RIM outages which is part of the reason I left RIM in the first place). I can't compare on the current BBs because my mother (who has a Torch) isn't on FB, and my sister (with the Bold 9700) is in Toronto so I haven't seen the phone since Christmas.
    03-26-11 03:26 AM
    The Samsung Widgets do not give instant notifications for FB. You have to set a poll frequency in your Social Networking settings, and they typically don't give you notifications, they just update the widgets (I have a Galaxy S Vibrant). The Notifications you're getting (if any) are coming from the Facebook for Android app, probably because you have a rather compressed update frequency (which is terrible for your battery, because those are polled, not pushed).

The only thing that is pushed in Facebook for Android, it seems, is Facebook Chat.

The rest is polled.

Facebook Notifications on Android are virtually non-existent unless you are willing to kill your battery to get them. Blackberry is clearly superior when it comes to Social Network notifications (Twitter/FB) at least when using RIM's apps.

Google should have implemented Push Notifications a long time ago (e.g. around Donut timeframe), or from the start - like Microsoft did with WP7.

Also, I tend to dislike Android's psuedo-system tray in the notification bar. I think iOS's notifications are a bit too intrusive, but WP7 does hit a nice middle ground with it's toast notifications that you can click to go to the App or just swipe off the screen to close them. That's just my opinion, though :P The notification bar burns images into a lot of people's screens (parts of it are largely static, like the battery and reception bars), as well.
    03-26-11 09:23 AM
    The Samsung Widgets do not give instant notifications for FB. You have to set a poll frequency in your Social Networking settings, and they typically don't give you notifications, they just update the widgets (I have a Galaxy S Vibrant). The Notifications you're getting (if any) are coming from the Facebook for Android app, probably because you have a rather compressed update frequency (which is terrible for your battery, because those are polled, not pushed).

The only thing that is pushed in Facebook for Android, it seems, is Facebook Chat.

The rest is polled.

Facebook Notifications on Android are virtually non-existent unless you are willing to kill your battery to get them. Blackberry is clearly superior when it comes to Social Network notifications (Twitter/FB) at least when using RIM's apps.

Google should have implemented Push Notifications a long time ago (e.g. around Donut timeframe), or from the start - like Microsoft did with WP7.

Also, I tend to dislike Android's psuedo-system tray in the notification bar. I think iOS's notifications are a bit too intrusive, but WP7 does hit a nice middle ground with it's toast notifications that you can click to go to the App or just swipe off the screen to close them. That's just my opinion, though :P The notification bar burns images into a lot of people's screens (parts of it are largely static, like the battery and reception bars), as well.
    Lol, you're doing the rounds and you'll end up back to blackberry, you'll see

03-26-11 10:00 AM
    Lol, you're doing the rounds and you'll end up back to blackberry, you'll see

If I do, it will mean RIM did something right. That wouldn't be a bad thing, at all.

I use whatever is most usable and polished for me (Hardware and Software) and has enough future-proofness for me.

But if I ended up back to Blackberry, that woudn't be an issue - and I wouldn't have an issue letting Android/WP7/whatever users know why I dropped that platform to come back to RIM.

I'm loyal to no platform - and it's honestly the best way to be (I used to be, not anymore).

Also, I have two lines so I'm not pressured to choose one and run with it. I always have a backup and I don't have any need to swap sims, etc. :P

If I don't feel like using my Android, I just leave it at home. I usually take my HD7 everywhere cause they make such good PMPs in addition to their smartphone qualities (those that exist atm :P ).
    Last edited by N8ter; 03-26-11 at 10:49 AM.
    03-26-11 10:46 AM
    This isnt necessarily a bad thing right? RIM can still bounce back. Seriously it's like:

Apple announces iphone! and people are like AAAHHHH AAHHH AAHHH

RIM announces the bold, and people are like nice one rim
    ---------------------------------------

Apple announces iPhone 3g with S! so 3Gs! and people are like WWWHOOOAAAHHHHHAA it's with S!

RIM shows the torch and people are like "could do better"
    ---------------------------------------

Apple announces a piece paper with an apple logo and people are like OMG BEST THING EVER!

RIM launches playbook and people are like, TOO LATE RIM.

or at least thats what i hear from apple fans lol
    03-26-11 11:08 AM
140 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD