03-26-11 10:08 AM
140 12345 ...
tools
    Ya..I forgot about BMX and testers having access to these devices for quite awhile now. I'm not disputing that the battery life is going to be bad..but I think once most people start using it normally..it will probably get a workday's use out of it. And once extended batteries start hitting the shelves..i'm sure most people will be able to get a full day. Only time will tell.
    03-19-11 07:58 AM
    Well I am worried! I agree, it works for us. But if it is ONLY us, RIM will be out of business! Catch my drift? It has to start working for all those guys out there too!

I'm not saying RIM and Palm are anywhere in the same situation, but I have a feeling that "it works for me" was something the Palm guys were saying back then...

That's exactly it. RIM just takes too long to deploy what could get them off the hook and give them some breathing time so they can work on something to get them back where (at least I think) they belong.

Just imagine if the Playbook, S3 and Bod Touch launched Jan/2011...
    This here is exactly why I posted what I said, lol! Waits for BB is next to go under....sigh....

I would post a book, but what's the point, besides my thumb hurts from super gluing it to a door panel.

I probably shouldn't have said that, but F-it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 08:31 AM
    I'm sorry anyone giving high satisfaction rating to ANY of the smartphones on the market are setting the bar too low.

I love my Torch, but I could pick out 10 things in a second I'd like to see improved,
    I know people with iPhones, they too could pick 10 things they would like to improve.

NO phone on the market deserves top ratings, I'm actually surprised how HIGH most of the phones Rated,
    You are so wrong on the Apple fanatics out there...it "could" have 10 things wrong with it, but they would never mention it. That is where we differ a lot with majority of their user base.

They may not be so bad if they did admit it had their fair share of problems over the years.

It could be **** on a stick and it would be the best thing since sliced bread, all because of an Apple...lol!

03-19-11 08:34 AM
    I'm sorry anyone giving high satisfaction rating to ANY of the smartphones on the market are setting the bar too low.

I love my Torch, but I could pick out 10 things in a second I'd like to see improved,
    I know people with iPhones, they too could pick 10 things they would like to improve.

NO phone on the market deserves top ratings, I'm actually surprised how HIGH most of the phones Rated,
    Well don't forget, these ratings are all relative. Asking the same set of questions of different users and different devices and then ranking them, even if they all suck, there will always be the one that sucks the most and one that sucks the least. The one very significant intangible in there is how critical users of one brand tend to be compared to users of another brand. I.e., are BB's really that much worse than iPhones, or are BB users just more critical of their phones than others? Not making excuses here, just posing the question.

The one other important aspect that none of these surveys represent is users who were so unhappy with one brand that they ditched it for another. To really get a fair assessment of satisfaction, both current and previous owners of all brands should be included, and I see no indications that they were here. I hate to say it, but if that angle were reflected in this survey, especially in the last 6 months, RIM might have come out looking even worse. No way to tell from this, because JD Power DIDN'T BOTHER TO ASK.

But if you ask me (which so far nobody has, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway), this is the place where it would be more appropriate to distinguish between OS's vs hardware manufacturers. Aside from actual hardware defects, the UI and the features the OS provides are the user experience. Users' satisfaction with a particular OS is much more telling than an OS's sales and market share. Break those brands down that offer multiple OS's by OS, and now you're going to have something worth talking about.
    03-19-11 09:32 AM
    Numerous? Come on Engine, I'm a member at AC too. Go look at the thread, and I guarantee you the ratio is 75/25 that people are getting horrible battery life. You've see the Thread. Not to mention people are having to turn the brightness way down just to have decent battery life, just like BMX suggested. Oh and all of the reviewers, they're just lying about the battery life eh?
    Oh and the brightness is turned all the way up on my i4 and I make it pretty much the entire work day. The TB is the first LTE device on the market. It's going to be plagued with bad battery life. That's what LTE does to a device consuming all of that bandwidth. Its just a fact of life no matter how much you try and say otherwise. Once the standard matures and Devs have more time to optimize, it will get better. But that's not the case currently.
    Here is the first reason no one with a Blackberry should comment on battery life of Android devices. No Blackberry at this time on the market truly is capable of 4G. 4G technology is a battery hog. I don't care if it's HSPA+, WiMax, or LTE, 4G data speeds consume energy. It's the price you pay to play with current tech. Blackberry users today will say there 3G devices don't have nearly comparable battery life as did there 2.5G or 2G previous incarnations. Once processor technology and OSs catch up with 4G tech, you'll see improved battery life from Android devices. When and if RIM releases comparable devices to the Evo, Nexus S, Inspire, or Thunderbolt, then the playground will be fair. Unfortunately, by the time this happens, the next gen of Android devices will already be deployed.
    03-19-11 10:33 AM
    Here is the first reason no one with a Blackberry should comment on battery life of Android devices. No Blackberry at this time on the market truly is capable of 4G. 4G technology is a battery hog. I don't care if it's HSPA+, WiMax, or LTE, 4G data speeds consume energy. It's the price you pay to play with current tech. Blackberry users today will say there 3G devices don't have nearly comparable battery life as did there 2.5G or 2G previous incarnations. Once processor technology and OSs catch up with 4G tech, you'll see improved battery life from Android devices. When and if RIM releases comparable devices to the Evo, Nexus S, Inspire, or Thunderbolt, then the playground will be fair. Unfortunately, by the time this happens, the next gen of Android devices will already be deployed.
    No, BB shouldn't be compared to the ONE LTE device on the market. The rest is fair game. As for the rest, you basically just said what I did about battery life being bad on the TB.
    03-19-11 10:38 AM
    I blame carriers for a lot of user frustration with BlackBerry.

If you have ever tried to use an AT&T BlackBerry out-of-the box then you will know what I mean.

The device has a truly horrible theme color scheme. There are lots and lots of icons pointing to "make AT&T money" websites to clutter the Desktop screen. Useful programs like Options are buried in a folder. Icons are custom and hard to identify.

Users, especially new users are easily confused and frustrated by a plethora of icons.

We, within CrackBerry are probably the worst possible user group to ask about BlackBerry satisfaction. We use custom themes, Hide icons and update the OSs. We get much more from out BlackBerrys that most other users.

I showed my 9700 to a sales lady in a phone shop - she had a BlackBerry too. She flipped when she saw my customer theme and organized Desktop. 10 minutes of explanation and pointing her to CrackBerry and when I returned to the store two days later she announced that she was now much, much happier with their BlackBerry than before. She had a nice girly theme and no more cluttered Desktop. This was all it took.
    03-19-11 10:55 AM
    i agree with a lot of points here.

any 4G technology will kill battery, its a known fact for now. Anyone not realizing this didnt do HW before purchase.

I have to admit apple knows something that other manufactures have not figured out yet. Motorola might be close but others are way behind.
    K Bear likes this.
    03-19-11 11:15 AM
    I blame carriers for a lot of user frustration with BlackBerry.

If you have ever tried to use an AT&T BlackBerry out-of-the box then you will know what I mean.

The device has a truly horrible theme color scheme. There are lots and lots of icons pointing to "make AT&T money" websites to clutter the Desktop screen. Useful programs like Options are buried in a folder. Icins are custom and hard to identify.

Users, especially new users are easily confused and frustrated by a plethora of icons.

We, within CrackBerry are probably the worst possible user group to ask about BlackBerry satisfaction. We use custom themes, Hide icons and update the OSs. We get much more from out BlackBerrys that most other users.

I showed my 9700 to a sales lady in a phone shop - she had a BlackBerry too. She flipped when she saw my custome theme and organized Desktop. 10 minutes of explanation and pointing her to CrackBerry and when I returned to the store two days later she announced that she was now much, much happier with ther BlackBerry than before. She had a nice gorly theme and no more clutered Desktop. This was all it took.
    If you think a Blackberry on AT&T is bad, you should try one on T-Mobile. It took how many OS updates to sort of be able to make and receive calls on the HSPA network (3G not even 4G). After the update to 5.0.0.714 was when my device started crapping out on me. If it wasn't a white screen of death, it was the browser locking up the device.
    03-19-11 11:26 AM
    If you think a Blackberry on AT&T is bad, you should try one on T-Mobile. It took how many OS updates to sort of be able to make and receive calls on the HSPA network (3G not even 4G). After the update to 5.0.0.714 was when my device started crapping out on me. If it wasn't a white screen of death, it was the browser locking up the device.
    I suspect that all carriers are pretty bad. I could only quote AT&T 'cuz that was the only one that I had actually handled out-of-the-box.

However my point remains valid, I think.
    03-19-11 11:31 AM
    Not surprised. Blackberries sell the slowest out of any device in every AT&T store in my region. We hardly keep them in stock anymore...
    03-19-11 11:50 AM
    Good conversation. I picked a **** of a day to be painting. Can't follow along. : (

03-19-11 11:55 AM
    Not surprised. Blackberries sell the slowest out of any device in every AT&T store in my region. We hardly keep them in stock anymore...
    What sucks even more is their devices equate to a higher commission than other carriers. For some reason in my area, the other 3 major carriers sell better at a lower rate of commission.
    03-19-11 12:00 PM
    Good conversation. I picked a **** of a day to be painting. Can't follow along. : (

What a difficult choice.

CrackBerry or watch paint dry. Hmmm. What to do .
    03-19-11 12:40 PM
    Yes and no. If you are a business you want a high mark. But as a consumer I could care less about any rating system and do what I need to.

Of course businesses want high marks because their are a s**T load of consumers out there that DO CARE about reports like this. Why would anyone in their right freaking state of kind buy something that repeatedly gets bad reviews day in and day out. Most people tend to stay away from products like those. So yeah RIM should take note because there aren't many consumers out their that share your irrational logic and buy a product despite have abysmal reviews and/or results.
    03-19-11 01:27 PM

Dang, I HATE painting!!! With a passion. CB is a much better option, although your wife may feel differently. Lol

03-19-11 01:29 PM
    I agree with a lot of what is being said here but I've had my 9700 on TMO since November 2009 and have not had these issues. It could definitely be location based though as we live in different cities and regions.
    03-19-11 01:35 PM
    Yeah I agree. The 9700 has the same radio as the original 9000. Only a little optimization was done to improve battery life. I don't remember seeing any issues with AT&T or t-Mobile 9700's not being able to make calls when it was released. The 9700 doesn't utilize 7.2Mbps so HSPA+ that TMo uses doesn't matter for the 9700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-19-11 01:50 PM
    Yeah I agree. The 9700 has the same radio as the original 9000. Only a little optimization was done to improve battery life. I don't remember seeing any issues with AT&T or t-Mobile 9700's not being able to make calls when it was released. The 9700 doesn't utilize 7.2Mbps so HSPA+ that TMo uses doesn't matter for the 9700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    T-Mobile 9700 users suffered with dropped calls while on 3G for quite a while. A user would start on a call on 3G and while on the call would drop down to gsm or sos ( which was more prevalent than gsm). It wasn't unroll OS 5.0.0.714 where 3G calling became stable. It definitely wasn't a carrier issue as I tested my device in strong 3G areas and even in the parking lot of a T-Mobile facility (not a store) sitting get away from a tower & still dropping calls while a MyTouch slide held the call and did not drop ever.
    03-19-11 02:11 PM
    I truly believe that Apple has the highest customer satisfaction, really I do. What I can't believe is that Apple is the only company that can ring the dinner bell and like Pavlov's dog, these satisfied customers will line up to get a new device and eagerly part with the one they were so enamoured with. No other company on that list can elicit such a response from it's customers.
    03-19-11 02:16 PM
    I truly believe that Apple has the highest customer satisfaction, really I do. What I can't believe is that Apple is the only company that can ring the dinner bell and like Pavlov's dog, these satisfied customers will line up to get a new device and eagerly part with the one they were so enamoured with. No other company on that list can elicit such a response from it's customers.
    I'd say more like lemmings to a cliff, but that's just my opinion. The devices work, and work well for the most part. They are designed for Joe Shmo who knows little about tech, but wants the whole multimedia experience. There are some users that just flat out love Macs and love how iPhone syncs flawlessly. If I were the type to be dedicated to one platform, I'd probably be one of the lemmings and accept less out of my device than what I can get out of it.
    03-19-11 02:33 PM

Dang, I HATE painting!!! With a passion. CB is a much better option, although your wife may feel differently. Lol

I PAY people to paint, I haven't actually painted in years and years, and I got a "fixer upper" house in 2007, almost every room needed painting
    03-19-11 02:51 PM
    I'd say more like lemmings to a cliff, but that's just my opinion. The devices work, and work well for the most part. They are designed for Joe Shmo who knows little about tech, but wants the whole multimedia experience. There are some users that just flat out love Macs and love how iPhone syncs flawlessly. If I were the type to be dedicated to one platform, I'd probably be one of the lemmings and accept less out of my device than what I can get out of it.
    Look at the post here, the BB fanbois are the same, and they are flocking to, or sticking with old technology that is offering far less than the modern devices have. They even have the audacity to accuse one of being a "troll" if you disagree with their view of the world. At least Apple has the smarts to design devices for all the "Joe Shmo's" of the world and give them what they want.
    03-19-11 02:56 PM
    What sucks even more is their devices equate to a higher commission than other carriers. For some reason in my area, the other 3 major carriers sell better at a lower rate of commission.
    At lestt for us, RIM has the highest cost per device aside from the iPhone and therfore we make less in comission than the rest of the pack.

I think I'm on the same page as what you're saying.
    03-19-11 03:14 PM
    At lestt for us, RIM has the highest cost per device aside from the iPhone and therfore we make less in comission than the rest of the pack.

I think I'm on the same page as what you're saying.
    Bingo sir.
    03-19-11 03:26 PM
140 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD