03-26-11 10:08 AM
140 123 ...
tools
    Apple tops customer satisfaction; Motorola, HTC No. 2; RIM hits bottom | ZDNet

Well this is somewhat to be expected. The kicker for me was the note at the end about the respondents who use social media being 22% more satisfied. Didn't some RIM exec just go on record talking about their social media offerings and how great they were?

Anyway you slice it being behind palm, who just went bankrupt/got bought and Nokia whose "platform was burning" and had to sell it's soul to Microsoft, is but a good thing.

They really need these 6.1 devices and the playbook to rock out of the gate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 04:57 PM
    Can care less where it ranks....works fine for me.

I just made another 1000 people leave for supporting a crappy company and their re-hashed phones...oh well.

BayouBengal21 and DAMION99 like this.
    03-17-11 05:19 PM
    JD Power just does what I need.
    03-17-11 05:24 PM
    RIM will bounce back. Look how Motorola has gotten back into the good graces of consumers. After the Razr faze, they fell off. When I use to work at walmart, people would hardly buy any motorola phones. They had nothing but bad experiences with their phones.

But like the article says, their success as well as HTC is due mostly in part to Google.

Apple is Apple. Everybody seems to love anything that has Apple's logo on it lol.

Facebook on android sucks big time. I don't tweet so I don't know how Twitter works on android.
    03-17-11 05:26 PM
    Doesn't surprise me. Hopefully QNX devices turn things around.
    03-17-11 05:30 PM
    JD Power also once named the new VW Beetle car of the year
    Innerchild and DAMION99 like this.
    03-17-11 05:32 PM
    I hold JD power above some other "reports".

And i am not surprised either. RIMs quality is not what it used to be and they are behind. Like avt said QNX should turn it around
    03-17-11 05:35 PM
    RIM will bounce back. Look how Motorola has gotten back into the good graces of consumers. After the Razr faze, they fell off. When I use to work at walmart, people would hardly buy any motorola phones. They had nothing but bad experiences with their phones.

But like the article says, their success as well as HTC is due mostly in part to Google.

Apple is Apple. Everybody seems to love anything that has Apple's logo on it lol.

Facebook on android sucks big time. I don't tweet so I don't know how Twitter works on android.
    I'm still afraid of Motorola. In fact, my Motorola BT headphones have gone crazy, just like almost every other Motorola product I've owned in the past 5 years or so.

Same with Sony...once hot, but today NOT! Won't touch 'em anymore...

RIM is on the verge of losing me. They may have one more chance to get it right, but I'm still not sure about that. Like the others though, if they don't, it will be hard to regain my trust and get me to come back.
    03-17-11 06:13 PM
    JD Power reports are held in high regards in the business world. Combine poor OSs with cheaply made devices being sold at premium prices will do that to a company. It's a damn shame.
    howarmat, Chrisy and 1magine like this.
    03-17-11 07:08 PM
    Well the title is a little misleading. While true, RIM is only 2 points behind Samsung & Nokia so it's not like anyone else isn't close to them. Either way things are going to change. Soon.
    jessi449 likes this.
    03-17-11 07:21 PM
    Well the title is a little misleading. While true, RIM is only 2 points behind Samsung & Nokia so it's not like anyone else isn't close to them. Either way things are going to change. Soon.
    Crucial- how is the title misleading? RIM is in last place, aka "the Bottom".

Yes these other manufacturers are close and you could almost say a tie. But RIM has the lowest score.

I was surprised samsung was so low, but I think the froyo delay hurt them with the galaxy s line.

03-17-11 07:25 PM
    Crucial- how is the title misleading? RIM is in last place, aka "the Bottom".

Yes these other manufacturers are close and you could almost say a tie. But RIM has the lowest score.

I was surprised samsung was so low, but I think the froyo delay hurt them with the galaxy s line.

Surprised about Samsung?? Really? You must not own many of their devices. Their customer service is abysmal. That and their lack of product support as you mentioned.

While technically RIM is at the bottom, there's others right there with them. The fact the margin is so close is my point. On the other hand, you may survey how ever many people again and come up with different results. This isn't the end all be all.
    03-17-11 07:32 PM
    JD Power never polled me!! WTF!!

While technically RIM is at the bottom, there's others right there with them. The fact the margin is so close is my point. On the other hand, you may survey how ever many people again and come up with different results. This isn't the end all be all.
    Careful, CX, you're starting to sound like an apologist, and we can't have that.

Actually, no matter how close it is at the bottom, being at the bottom still isn't a good thing. But considering the restlessness that can be witnessed among BB users -- even here on a BB-focused message board -- combined with the newness of Android and the relative fanaticism of iPhone owners, the survey results are not all that surprising. I'd like to know if this survey was taken before or after the Samsung-WP7 debacle -- I'd guess it was before.

Anyway, I think I'd have to agree with your earlier post in that things should be changing soon, especially if the rumored new devices hit the streets over the summer. I'd like to see this same survey again this time next year.
    03-17-11 08:09 PM
    Surprised about Samsung?? Really? You must not own many of their devices. Their customer service is abysmal. That and their lack of product support as you mentioned.

Only surprised by Samsung being low because they are peddling android same as htc and Motorola.

While you have a fair point about how close the bottom teir is, RIM is still last, and effectively at THE bottom.

And I hate to say it but dismissing a report like this is the exact attitude that I think has RIM in trouble. The playbook does look impressive but it no longer has a huge edge in hardware and the software is untried. It alone won't pull rim from the bottom. I think 6.1 software and hardware has promise, but they need it out now and it has to launch clean. I just don't think that will happen with a BB OS. There will be some glaring issues. Sure every platform has them. Look at the TB. But rim can't afford that now. They haven't grown a bazillion % the last few years and losing customer satisfaction and Mindshare is going to hurt them.

I like all that RIM has done with acquistions and where they seem to be going, but the time is now to stand and deliver. IPhone 5 is coming, the android army is marching. RIM can't close out 2011 on the same slide they were on in 2010.

I think many of us are sick of hearing about how things will change and all that. STFU and deliver.

Last edited by The_Engine; 03-17-11 at 08:23 PM.
    03-17-11 08:21 PM
    There should be no suprise of this to anyone on this site. Everytime I read a forum on here its full of angry thoughts about blackberry!

03-17-11 09:11 PM
    Samsung probably took a beating over the delay on 2.2 in the US (Canada had it way before you guys) and the i9000M debacle in Canada. As a victim of the faulty boards, it was a pain in the *** to deal with at the time, but now that it's fixed, my Samsung is bar none the best phone I have ever owned. Ever. Ever ever ever.

Samsung won me back.
    03-17-11 09:40 PM
    Can care less where it ranks....works fine for me.

Oh ****, I just made another 1000 people leave for supporting a ****ty company and their re-hashed phones...oh well.
    Well I am worried! I agree, it works for us. But if it is ONLY us, RIM will be out of business! Catch my drift? It has to start working for all those guys out there too!

I'm not saying RIM and Palm are anywhere in the same situation, but I have a feeling that "it works for me" was something the Palm guys were saying back then...

I like all that RIM has done with acquistions and where they seem to be going, but the time is now to stand and deliver. IPhone 5 is coming, the android army is marching. RIM can't close out 2011 on the same slide they were on in 2010.

I think many of us are sick of hearing about how things will change and all that. STFU and deliver.
    That's exactly it. RIM just takes too long to deploy what could get them off the hook and give them some breathing time so they can work on something to get them back where (at least I think) they belong.

Just imagine if the Playbook, S3 and Bod Touch launched Jan/2011...
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-17-11 at 09:50 PM.
    03-17-11 09:43 PM
    JD Power reports are held in high regards in the business world. Combine poor OSs with cheaply made devices being sold at premium prices will do that to a company. It's a damn shame.
    Yes and no. If you are a business you want a high mark. But as a consumer I could care less about any rating system and do what I need to.

03-17-11 10:15 PM

Where is RIM's customer service? Do they even have a number to call? Seems the only number I can readily find is for the carrier. RIM customer service????????
    03-17-11 10:39 PM
    Where is RIM's customer service? Do they even have a number to call? Seems the only number I can readily find is for the carrier. RIM customer service????????
    You're not a paying Enterprise customer. You get to go through the carrier first and if they can't fix it, then you go to RIM. That's how that works. Or you can bypass all that and got right to RIM and pay for the support call.
    03-17-11 11:56 PM
    You're not a paying Enterprise customer. You get to go through the carrier first and if they can't fix it, then you go to RIM. That's how that works. Or you can bypass all that and got right to RIM and pay for the support call.
    I guess that is one reason they are on the bottom of the heap.
    03-18-11 12:34 AM
    It appears to be the same pool of experts analyzing the results. The IT experts who happen to be captains of the stock market. The business tycoons who command respect in the software industry while charging top dollar for their consultation in customer support. The underestimated masters of industry who oddly enough find themselves spending an inordinate amount of time on a cell phone blog as they patiently await their next large corporate takeover request.

03-18-11 12:46 AM
    HUGE +1.... RIM is only falling farther and farther behind as each day passes. Time to bring some exciting phones to market and I'm not sure I saw anything on the roadmap that is going to be super. I'll probably buy one cause my Tour is a POS...... RIM better bring up their phone quality too.
    Rickroller likes this.
    03-18-11 06:27 AM
    If the organic fertilizer is gonna hit the ventilation system anyplace then I hope that the place is RIM's marketing department. For sure these guys need a major shakup.

RIM is far too slow to react to what the current market needs. It's OS is geared to its old traditional market of non-tech corporate users. OK, this makes all BlackBerrys very similar and east to use but this comes ate the expense of modern features.

The hardware styling of BlackBerrys is very, very good but this has not significantly changed in years. I just pulkled out my old 7290 and put it alongside a 9780. Yes there was a clear difference but it was obvious that both phones were made by RIM. I think this is the problem. Many people are just bored with the "sameness" of RIM's offerings. Sometimes you just want a change.

I would be interested to know what criteria were applied to reach the survey's conclusions. What are users disatisfied with? Reliabilty, Cosmetics, Functionality, Support.

What questions did the survey ask? This is critical to the validity of such market surverys. That said, I too hold JD Power in high esteem.
    03-18-11 06:39 AM
    As has been said..I think QNX is RIM's only chance of getting back into the game. 6.1 I don't think is going to offer much more to consumers than what they're seeing now. Sure..existing users and some corporate users will be more than happy with this..but the general populace is steering to more media centered phones with "wow".

As long as RIM can "stay afloat" (which..financially won't even be an issue) until QNX drops..then they have a very good chance at turning things around IF Qnx is as good as some people predict. However..the cellphone landscape changes very quickly, and by the time QNX does drop..it might not even have any wow factor left.
    03-18-11 07:31 AM
140 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD