So trying out the new app... I can click accept on the dialog, I can click create a new blackberry ID but I cannot click the button sayin I already have one... Acts like it isn't even a button, nothing at all happens

Using torch 246, anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 03:11 PM
    So trying out the new app... I can click accept on the dialog, I can click create a new blackberry ID but I cannot click the button sayin I already have one... Acts like it isn't even a button, nothing at all happens

Using torch 246, anyone else?

Me also. And if you read the reviews, its happened to several other people who already have BlackBerry IDs. I suppose thats why its in the test center

I really hope they polish this app up and make it at least the equivalent of what Viigo was at it's prime. Blackberry really needs a great native RSS reader.
    12-13-10 08:11 PM
    I upgraded to 337 and reverted to the default theme(was running a the RIM let it snow theme on 246). One of those was the problem.

If you're using a 3rd party theme try switchin back to the default, if not its the OS.

News feeds iss working for me now
    12-14-10 02:50 PM
    I tried to use the BlackBerry News Feeds v 1.0.0 on my Bold 9650 (Verizon) using their 5.0 software with no luck. Now that Verizon updated to 6.0.0.431 I tried to reinstall the application with the same result. Please get it fixed BlackBerry!
    01-25-11 10:16 PM
    They will get this fixed one day. I have been trying to test this app since early December and according to the discussion forums in BlackBerry Beta Zone it is not something that they are in a big hurry to fix.

Would be nice though if they did.

01-25-11 10:26 PM
    I ended up using Social Feeds and it does an ok job with RSS feeds (I miss Viigo though).
    01-27-11 09:05 PM
    They will get this fixed one day. I have been trying to test this app since early December and according to the discussion forums in BlackBerry Beta Zone it is not something that they are in a big hurry to fix.

Would be nice though if they did.

I did a beta test on this last month. It worked but the notifications didn't always work.
    01-28-11 09:25 PM
    I upgraded to 337 and reverted to the default theme(was running a the RIM let it snow theme on 246). One of those was the problem.

If you're using a 3rd party theme try switchin back to the default, if not its the OS.

News feeds iss working for me now
    Disregard that.. There is a workaround (a real one)
    On your homescreen go to
    options
    Type default, click on default services
    Change default email address to one that is less than 30 characters, ie one other than the @carrier.blackberry.net

Change back after you logged into news feeds

" Unable to login using BlackBerry ID if you have a long email address (30+ characters)."

il309 likes this.
    01-29-11 12:23 AM
    On your homescreen go to
    options
    Change default email address to one that is less than 30 characters, ie one other than the @carrier.blackberry.net

" Unable to login using BlackBerry ID if you have a long email address (30+ characters)."

GENIUS! It worked!
    Thank you so much.
    01-29-11 01:30 AM
    GENIUS! It worked!
    Thank you so much.
    Thanks
    Np

01-29-11 02:05 PM
    didnt work for me. boo
    01-29-11 11:34 PM
    On your homescreen go to
    options

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!
    05-16-12 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD