"Reset code for your picture to start changing 393928281717. Post to all contacts to update your software

This is a braodcast from your blackberry provider 2010
    Trust It Works!"
    So, this is the latest chain letter my daughter & I rec'd via bbm this morning. Also, coincidence would have it, that her bbm avatar reset it self to the default "blue person" avatar (prior to rec'ing this msg via bbm). The actual "reset code" in the msg was a "clickable" link to something, that thankfully she did not click on because i dont know what it would go to. If you notice as well, the word "broadcast" is spelled wrong in the last section of sentences & the grammar is something to be desired.
    So, in case anyone else is receiving this, I believe its another one of those ANNOYING spoof bbms.
    12-05-10 06:17 PM
    Ive been getting this for the past few days, and deleting it.

*sigh*
    12-05-10 06:26 PM
    Well this issue is still present with the bbm display icons not showing. They think broadcasts will solve something in which it doesn't.
    12-05-10 06:30 PM
    Ive been getting this for the past few days, and deleting it.

*sigh*
    it is unfortunately an inconvience to receive, especially if you have alot of contacts on your bbm list, and everyone starts sending it back to you...... causing a crazy cycle.
    I have a whole 4, yes 4! contacts in my bbm list. LOL yay me! So I'm not worried about rec'ing it a thousand times.
    12-05-10 06:39 PM
    Well this issue is still present with the bbm display icons not showing. They think broadcasts will solve something in which it doesn't.
    No, it wasnt her bbm icons, it was my daughters avatar she had posted that changed itself back to the default "blue person" & shes on an S2 bbm .57(and works fine, was the 1st time she had an issue) & her friends did the same thing just the night before, and she is on a Bold 9700 (idk which bbm). But a broadcast msg isnt going to solve that issue anyway.
    12-05-10 06:47 PM
    No, it wasnt her bbm icons, it was my daughters avatar she had posted that changed itself back to the default "blue person" & shes on an S2 bbm .57(and works fine, was the 1st time she had an issue) & her friends did the same thing just the night before, and she is on a Bold 9700 (idk which bbm). But a broadcast msg isnt going to solve that issue anyway.
    I'm currently having really bad problems with my bbm that started last night, out of nowhere my icon reset to the default grey person and I am like wow how did this happen? As I tried updating my picture, I have myself as a contact I noticed it didn't change. I went to sleep and said probably issues with BBM servers and hopefully in the morning it will be fixed, it wasn't.
    12-05-10 06:54 PM
    I'm currently having really bad problems with my bbm that started last night, out of nowhere my icon reset to the default grey person and I am like wow how did this happen? As I tried updating my picture, I have myself as a contact I noticed it didn't change. I went to sleep and said probably issues with BBM servers and hopefully in the morning it will be fixed, it wasn't.
    Well, I've seen a few posts with other users having the same issue. Hopefully RIM is aware of it & can fix the issue soon for those of you with the problem.
    12-05-10 07:00 PM
    Well, I've seen a few posts with other users having the same issue. Hopefully RIM is aware of it & can fix the issue soon for those of you with the problem.
    They're taking way too long, I noticed now that I don't see anyones icon at all and they don't see mine either meanwhile they see everyone else's. Now it makes me wonder do I have a virus? lol
    12-05-10 07:08 PM
    They're taking way too long, I noticed now that I don't see anyones icon at all and they don't see mine either meanwhile they see everyone else's. Now it makes me wonder do I have a virus? lol
    LOL!
    I would imagine that you've tried a batt pull already to see if that resolves anything....?
    12-05-10 07:12 PM
    LOL!
    I would imagine that you've tried a batt pull already to see if that resolves anything....?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...ctures-560765/
    12-05-10 07:20 PM
    I've been getting one that tells me my BBM account is going to get deleted if I don't send the broadcast on.. Which is complete bull****. Deleting BBM accounts would be deleting the pins from the phone.
    12-06-10 09:58 PM
    yes these are quite annoying....
    12-07-10 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD