starting saturday, when a contact that i have in bbm sends me an sms, it is received in the bbm envelope, not the sms/mms envelope. there is a copy of it in the sms/mms envelope, but the new red star indicator is on the bbm envelope, and the tone is not my sms tone, but my bbm chirp.

things i have done to try and correct it:
    1. battery pull (multiple times)
    2. removed bbm and reinstalled
    3. removed contact from bbm. had the person sms me and it worked correctly. added the contact back into bbm and it goes back to the glitch
    02-01-10 06:52 PM
    starting saturday, when a contact that i have in bbm sends me an sms, it is received in the bbm envelope, not the sms/mms envelope. there is a copy of it in the sms/mms envelope, but the new red star indicator is on the bbm envelope, and the tone is not my sms tone, but my bbm chirp.

things i have done to try and correct it:
    1. battery pull (multiple times)
    2. removed bbm and reinstalled
    3. removed contact from bbm. had the person sms me and it worked correctly. added the contact back into bbm and it goes back to the glitch
    If you have a bbm contact linked to your address book, if they send you an sms, its going to show up in your bbm list. That's just the way the OS is set up now. If you want to keep them seperate, just unlink your bbm contact from their number in your address book and the messages will be kept seperate.
    02-01-10 07:00 PM
    Unlink the contact.
    From BBM highlight the contact. Then menu> unlink contact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 07:00 PM
    Thank you very much MojoSwag and hootyhoo. your advice was 100% accurate. it now works again. Thanks again!!!
    02-01-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD