the newest BBM has a huge bug i stumbled across. I was trying to scan a barcode from my computer screen, it was not a great pic of the barcode so it was not scanning. I went to back out of scanning the barcode and found out i couldn't stop it!!! I hit every button to no avail, even attempted to turn the phone off and it would not. If i tried to lock the screen it would got dark like it should, however if I unlocked to screen it will not unlock!!! only way to stop it is to do a battery pull.

It wasn't a glitch either cause i tried it again after a batt pull and it did it again. you can test it by going into BBM and selecting "scan group barcode" and then trying to exit out once it is trying to scan. Let me know if you have this problem or not and if you have found another way around besides a batt pull.
    08-13-10 02:15 PM
    I tried and tried to duplicate your issue and nothing. My BBM upgrade worked flawlessly in but scan individual and group barcodes. I would uninstall and reinstall.
    08-13-10 02:20 PM
    I was able to back out of scanning both a group barcode and individual barcode without any issues.
    08-13-10 02:23 PM
    did you recently upgrade BBM (within 2 days?)
    08-13-10 02:27 PM
    Yup 5.0.1.38. I was running the beta 5.0.1.31 for the past few weeks before that.
    08-13-10 02:37 PM
    i just deleted BBM rebooting now and going to reinstall, will keep u posted
    08-13-10 02:47 PM
    I upgraded to the latest bbm and the app is not on the phone. All of the contacts are gone. I reinstalled the update and now the app is there but no contacts. Actually it's my daughters phone and she did not backup her pin contacts. It was my idea for her to update the bbm and of course it's my fault. I guess I should have told her to backup as well. Is there any way to get back the contacts? Maybe if I reinstall the old version? Any help would be appreciated.
    08-13-10 02:53 PM
    she doesnt have a back on here computer by using desktop manager?
    08-13-10 03:03 PM
    I just created a thread moments ago in the General forum, about BBM messing up...is this really a Storm-centric issue you are having? you might get more responses if this is in the General forum. u might want to ask the mods to move it if you desire...
    08-13-10 03:08 PM
    no actually i feel like a newb lol just reinstalled it and it works fine! haha
    08-13-10 03:15 PM
    "Need a custom ringtone?? PM me with what song, what part, and how long you want it"

That's what I use Audacity for.
    08-13-10 03:17 PM
    not everyone is computer savy
    08-13-10 03:33 PM
    not everyone is computer savy
    I know! My wife uses a PC every day and knows ZILCH about how to use Explorer. I've begged her to let me make her more computer literate, but she can't be bothered. sigh.
    08-13-10 03:38 PM
    I know! My wife uses a PC every day and knows ZILCH about how to use Explorer. I've begged her to let me make her more computer literate, but she can't be bothered. sigh.
    Dave, I can understand why your wife would not want you for an instructor; you would probably be like a drill sargent!
    08-13-10 03:45 PM
    dave, i can understand why your wife would not want you for an instructor; you would probably be like a drill sargent! :d
    tenSHUN!!!!!
    08-13-10 03:45 PM
    boy that sounds familiar. My wife needs to get a super computer.. something blazing fast like a voodoopc or alienware... cause if it takes longer than a few seconds for something to happen, she thinks its broken. lol
    08-13-10 03:55 PM
    boy that sounds familiar. My wife needs to get a super computer.. something blazing fast like a voodoopc or alienware... cause if it takes longer than a few seconds for something to happen, she thinks its broken. lol
    ah, no that's where mine differs. SHe doesn't do anything taxing on her laptop or netbook, but I bought her a new HP with an i5 processor to be sure she could watch Netflix movies full screen with no glitches (which is does--works GREAT). I had just bought her a Toshiba with a wimpy AMD chip and it presented Netflix movies as a series of still images, rather than as a motion picture. LOL! I got a refund the next day on that POS. (A $600/on sale POS, btw). The HP came from Costco for $800 on sale. A much nicer unit for a few hundred more. money WELL spent.
    08-13-10 04:02 PM
    I'm having an issue that I just noticed after updating (I'm also using a theme so it may be that), but sometimes I try and click on a conversation and it won't go. It takes a few clicks and then the conversation will show up. Anyone else having this?
    08-13-10 11:45 PM
    An IQ test should be required to buy a smartphone... <-----love it. But I'm sticking with the last version until I hear better news.
    08-14-10 12:35 AM
    An IQ test should be required to buy a smartphone... <-----love it. But I'm sticking with the last version until I hear better news.
    iPhone sales would drop precipitously if that were to happen.
    08-14-10 12:38 AM
    the newest BBM has a huge bug i stumbled across. I was trying to scan a barcode from my computer screen, it was not a great pic of the barcode so it was not scanning. I went to back out of scanning the barcode and found out i couldn't stop it!!! I hit every button to no avail, even attempted to turn the phone off and it would not. If i tried to lock the screen it would got dark like it should, however if I unlocked to screen it will not unlock!!! only way to stop it is to do a battery pull.

It wasn't a glitch either cause i tried it again after a batt pull and it did it again. you can test it by going into BBM and selecting "scan group barcode" and then trying to exit out once it is trying to scan. Let me know if you have this problem or not and if you have found another way around besides a batt pull.
    Tried, can't duplicate it. Even tried scanning a barcode earlier today with no problems at all. Try reinstalling your BBM man.
    08-14-10 01:10 AM
    I had the beta to .38 transfer issue too but mine just vanished after I upgraded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD