Hello, i'm in the process of buying a Bold 9000 with Vodafone in the UK. Being a newbie to BIS/Blackberry email processes i have a couple questions:

1. Will BIS service be provided free as I have a Blackberry on contract?
    2. This is where i get confused... should i setup my email accounts via BIS OR presumably i can directly on the phone i.e. load email/messengers and click send and receive once configured of course. The latter i have setup before and currently do on my TYTN2. The BIS bit is confusing me. What advantages does BIS have over "direct" setup?

I sort of understand that BIS is a push email service for the consumer but points 1 and 2 confuse me - i know this is a really silly question but i'm stumped.
    11-19-08 04:55 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/ should provide most of the answers.

Your package will include BIS so go ahead and use it for email. You already worked out the advantage of push mail arriving almost immediately instead of having to connect by browser and go look for it when you think messages might be waiting.
    11-19-08 08:58 AM
    but when I go to T-mobile sites, it doesn't have black berry storm, so how do i set you BIS?
    12-04-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD