Hi everyone im a male 22 from the UK

i have just signed up to this forum as I have a BB curve 8520 and i get very bored at work!

now introductions are all out the way i was wondering if anyone could help me with my blackberry?

I know this isn't the place to post this but i wanted to introduce myself first and i thought saving double posting i will hit to birds with one stone!

Like I said I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 and have recently updated the Facebook app on it... it now says you can have Facebook places on it.

however... my one doesn't appear to work, my friend has the exact same blackberry as me and hers works, the only difference between our phones is she is on Vodafone and I'm on Orange...

when i click on places on the facebook app it says 'your location is temporarily not available' can someone help me in setting it up to work, if it doesn't work the only explanation is that vodaphone support this but Orange do not!

thanks guys and Gurls!
    12-01-10 09:27 AM
    i thought facebook places only works on gps enabled phones, if i remember rightly the 8520 doesnt have a gps chip
    12-01-10 09:30 AM
    i thought facebook places only works on gps enabled phones, if i remember rightly the 8520 doesnt have a gps chip
    thats what i thought... i have search high and low on the internet for the reason behind this...

but it can't be true because my friend has the exact same phone as mine (i have compared everything in the about section in the phone settings and its identical) the only difference is hers is Vodaphone and mine Orange... o and also she has a white one and I have the Black one if that makes any difference?
    12-01-10 09:33 AM
    if you can, set them side by side and go through every option on the device. There may be an item in there called "location services", or similar, make sure that is set to on.
    12-01-10 09:53 AM
    I know nothing about your carrier, but Verizon here in the states used to disable GPS in their handsets so that third party software could not use it (vz wanted their customers to buy vz products only). Luckily they no longer do that. You could ask this in the orange forums or someone with more knowlege may come along who knows.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 09:56 AM
    I moved the thread to Native Apps
    12-01-10 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD