Hi folks,

I have an issue where the new message indicator never goes away (the little red dot with a white star in it appended to the unread mail icon). I typically have a far amount of unread emails; however, I rely on the new message indicator to tell me when there is a new message.

If I do a battery pull out it typically corrects it; however, it only last a few days before it happens again.

Thoughts? Anyone else have this issue?

J

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 10:22 AM
    No thoughts?

07-05-10 04:42 PM
    it has something to do with missing contacts. did you have a contact that was on ur list, and then disappeared? My guess to you would be to delete and reinstall BBM on your bold
    07-08-10 12:26 PM
    Hi folks,

I have an issue where the new message indicator never goes away (the little red dot with a white star in it appended to the unread mail icon). I typically have a far amount of unread emails; however, I rely on the new message indicator to tell me when there is a new message.

If I do a battery pull out it typically corrects it; however, it only last a few days before it happens again.

Thoughts? Anyone else have this issue?

J

While I haven't had this issue, I think there are many other threads in the forum about this same issue. Have you possibly searched for a similar thread?

What type of icon is it. Could you describe the icon? Is it an envelope? Are you sure its a message indicator? If it is >>>DO NOT DELETE BBM as the other poster suggested as that will DO NOTHING to help you lol. deleting BBM contacts doesn't do anything for email indicators, unless its a BBM indicator. Then there is a different approach you must take. But even that doesn't require deleting BBM!

Have you checked to be sure you haven't put some message in your saved mail without opening it first? That would cause the icon to remain.

Please describe the icon further for more help.

In searching this further, could this icon be one that suggests you have an app from Blackberry App World that needs updating?
    Could you open up BB App World if you have that installed please and see if this is so? and please report back here to let me know if this is true or not? Thank you!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-08-10 at 07:30 PM.
    07-08-10 07:22 PM
    I took a quick peak around, many folks are simply talking about the unread mail icon. My issue is around the little red dot that shows up on to of the unread mail icon. I typically have 100's of mails unread; however, when the new message indicator is working correctly it helps me know when I have a new mail vs the already established unread mails.

Does this help?

J

07-10-10 03:18 PM
    Bump

07-15-10 10:17 AM
    I have determined that this error only occurs when I am doing a fair amount of communication through sms.

Any thoughts?

08-08-10 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD