I apologize for the length, just want to paint a clear picture of my issue.

I've been having some issues with my Bold ever since the BBM 5.0 upgrade last night. Just to let you know here's some info about my Bold: AT&T Official OS 4.6.0.297 (platform 4.0.0.247), using QuickLaunch 2.12.3 and upgraded to BBM 5.0 last night. I'm aware that BBM 5.0 will not work with QL. I'm willing to work around this until QL fixes this issue on their part. My issue is different, but may be related. At this point I have no clue. Here's my issue: Last night I downloaded BBM 5.0 OTA from the blackberry website and had it replace my existing BBM without doing an uninstall. Of course, I experienced the issue with BBM 5.0 not working correctly with QL. At the time, I did not realize QL was the problem. So, I deleted BBM from my applications list and re-installed it again. Ever since then, every time I do a battery pull and restart I get a pop up calendar reminder announcing a calendar date next year (i.e. one of my contacts birthdays in Jan 2010) and then it asks me to verify the date/time which I have done every time. It does this every time I do a battery pull and each time a different date will pop up and then it will ask me to verify the date/time (i.e. one of my contacts birthdays in Feb 2010, the next battery pull will cause the next birthday of a contact to pop up as a reminder, etc.). I've done several battery pulls trying to figure out the problem and I'm now into my March 2010 birthdays. I never had these issues prior to this BBM upgrade. Any one have any ideas what I may have done or what I need to do to fix this?

My plan is to plug my Bold into my Desktop Manager once I get home from work and try to restore my Bold & remove BBM. Then try to add BBM 5.0 again, but I really don't know if that's what I need to do. I would like to avoid losing any of my QL shortcuts or BBM contacts as I did that last night once I deleted BBM from my applications list and had to re-add them all. This whole BBM 5.0 upgrade has been very frustrating. I don't know if the issue I'm experiencing is an issue with the OS, with BBM, with QL, with my calendar, or with my theme (which is a free Reverie HT Theme that I love). I honestly, have no clue. I've upgraded my OS several times and never had a single problem. Now, it seems this one lone application is reeking havoc on my phone. Any help or advice on how to remedy this would be greatly appreciated.
    10-08-09 05:00 PM
    Deleted QuickLaunch and BBM and it did nothing to solve the issue of having to confirm the date/time with every battery pull once I reinstalled them. When I deleted QL with BBM still there, it did it. When I deleted BBM, and did a battery pull, it didn't do it. I reinstalled BBM without QL installed, performed a battery pull, and it did do it. So it's obviously some issue related to BBM and my calendar that is not related to QL.

Is this normal for everyone else? I've never had to confirm the date/time like that before and it's just annoying more than anything. Any ideas on how to make it stop?

Just discovered it's some issue not related to BBM. Just installed BB App World without BBM and it did the same thing after battery pull.
    Last edited by UMRebel; 10-08-09 at 10:33 PM.
    10-08-09 10:23 PM
    Same problem here, so you are not alone. I have a question? Do you use Facebook? The reason I ask is that is how my contacts birthdays were added. Im going to remove FB now and see if that helps.
    10-08-09 10:33 PM
    Yes. I've got Facebook and use it throughout the day, but I've had it for a while. This issue just started last night when I installed BBM 5.0, but obviously that's not the issue since it just did it after installing BB App World without BBM even being on my phone at all. I'm putting BBM 5.0 back on my phone now. This is just so weird to me. Wondering if it's a calendar issue. Let me know if removing facebook helps. At this point, I'm willing to try anything. It's ticking me off that I can't figure out the problem more than anything.

Honestly the calendar is something I've never understood. Why can't everything merge into one? Under my calendars, I have 4 choices. I have a personal email calendar with no entries, Facebook calendar with contacts birthdays, blackberry email calendar with no events and device default with entries I've added.
    10-08-09 10:45 PM
    I removed FB and the alert was not there. Facebook has caused calendar problems for me in the past. So perhaps you have been lucky until now.
    10-08-09 10:48 PM
    I'm waiting on BBM 5.0 to finish installing. Once it's finished, I'll try removing facebook to see if that's my issue too.
    10-08-09 10:54 PM
    So far it has resolved my problem. I was actually thinking about following the steps you listed above. I figured it only happened when phone reboot so I wasn't going to mess with it. Everything on my phone is the same as yours which was what led me back to FB being the problem.. Who knows?!? I hope it helps..
    10-08-09 10:59 PM
    Well after finally adding QL as my final step, the message did not pop up. So, I honestly have no clue what the issue is/was. Seems that sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't. Guess it's something I'll just have to live with at least until the official 5.0 OS is released.
    10-08-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD