We all love our BlackBerry Messenger for sure

But sometimes when I don't have my BlackBerry, and I need to use my BBM ... i cant

so I thought, if RIM can make a BlackBerry Messenger that has a user name and password, so you can just enter your user name and password on any blackberry and have your contact list on that blackberry

Just an idea, what do you guys think about it?
    01-03-10 05:14 AM
    Wouldn't that be just like MSN or AIM?
    I like BBM because it WAS NOT like msn or aim, where you have to log in.

And I think it has been suggested before that BBM needs to be available on a computer, if that's what you are referring to

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 06:44 AM
    That is NEVER going to happen. BBM must go through RIMs NOC (Network Operations
    Center) and you have more of a chance of ice skating with Satan than RIM giving
    access to any part of its' infrastructure to a 3rd party.
    01-03-10 07:33 AM
    Wouldn't that be just like MSN or AIM?
    I like BBM because it WAS NOT like msn or aim, where you have to log in.

And I think it has been suggested before that BBM needs to be available on a computer, if that's what you are referring to

this would be pretty nice
    01-03-10 08:26 AM
    I think they should make one just for some people who want it to happen, if I'm the only one who wants a BlackBerry Messenger that you can use on other BlackBerry's then delete this post ;P
    01-03-10 08:49 AM
    What you are missing is that that is doesn't matter if you (the USER) "want it to happen".

It's RIM's data network, and THEY are not likely to allow access to it in that manner.
    01-03-10 09:12 AM
    We all love our BlackBerry Messenger for sure

But sometimes when I don't have my BlackBerry, and I need to use my BBM ... i cant
    i cant think of a time when i dont have my Blackberry and have time to use BBM...that just doesnt happen...

however...this doesnt seem possible to me because of bbm being linked to each devices individual pin number...
    01-03-10 09:38 AM
    I mean technically you can do this. If you have another blackberry, you can restore contact list on that one cept it would either merge with the existing users BBM contacts or wipe theres out but when they were ready to use again they could enter there email. Part of the "Restore" feature. Pretty neat actually. I've done it at least 2-3 times between my 9700 and Storm2
    01-03-10 09:57 AM
    +1 RIM will never let 3rd party access to its NOC network

+5 Cause ice skating with Santa would be cool!

I would love to see BBM on the Desktop with Blackberry Desktop manager, but really, I'll add that person to MSN if I really really need to be able to talk to them from my computer, my BB has MSN, and my computers do.
    01-03-10 09:59 AM
    Oh well...I still think it's nice and probably it will happen, just gotta think positive ..right?
    01-03-10 10:02 AM
    "But sometimes when I don't have my BlackBerry"

WHAT!!! ;-)
    01-03-10 10:07 AM
    that is never going to happen. Bbm must go through rims noc (network operations
    center)and you have more of a chance of ice skating with satan than rim giving
    LoL ...............
    01-03-10 10:07 AM
    I know there's rumors of RIM's "inner-circle" having a desktop version of BBM, but I highly doubt they'll ever release it publicly. At least, no plans have been announced to release it...

01-03-10 11:47 AM
    I don't think it will ever happen. And to be honest, I hope it doesn't.

This is another example of consumers using a device they forgot was designed for corporate/business use. The premise behind BBM isn't so much "Chatting with your friends" as it is ensuring you are communicating with a specific device.

Is there a need to explain the security reasons in detail? Or is it sufficient to just mention that in a corporate environment it's best to know that not only was a message sent and delivered to a specific device and as a result its user, but also confirm whether it was received.
    01-03-10 04:13 PM
    why would you be without your blackberry?
    01-03-10 10:21 PM
    I would like a desktop version, but I try no to be more than arms length distance away from my BB.
    01-03-10 10:47 PM
    for those asking why I probably won't have my BB with me it's cause , most of the time when I travel, I leave my BlackBerry behind, and sometimes I just need to use my BBM
    01-04-10 05:05 AM
    Then the solution seems very, very simple and requires no change by RIM.

Take your BlackBerry when you travel. Problem solved.
    01-04-10 06:00 AM
    I don't see any reason why the clients shouldn't go through RIMs NOC? don't need to have a P2P chat right?
    01-07-10 02:47 AM
    What about a new device that only offers BBM? and is really cheap! ( the Q1 ?? )
    10-10-13 08:51 AM
    What about a new device that only offers BBM? and is really cheap! ( the Q1 ?? )
    I think people would rather buy a cheap Android and wait for BBM to come out

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD