Hi All. I own a storm 2 and it was suggested in that forum that I post here.

I upgraded to the new facebook last week and I must say it is an improvement in user interface, however, since I have upgraded my battery consumption has more than doubled. My normal battery loss was about 4%/hour and according to meterberry, while I left it off the charger last night and did absolutely nothing, I lost 9.5%/hour. I have switched off the chat function and still see a large consumption. Does anyone else have this issue?
    08-05-11 10:24 AM
    Hmmmm. I have a Curve 9300. Upgraded to new BBM and Facebook right around the same time. My battery consumption seems to have about doubled too, but I was blaming BBM and thinking of downgrading that. The new Facebook app is a big improvement, don't want to turf that. I can still get through the whole day no problem.
    08-05-11 11:13 AM
    I didn't get notified of any BBM upgrade... is it for OS 6+ only?

I'm just playing out the string on my blackberry until the iPhone 5 comes out (on verizon) so I am willing to deal with low battery life for a while.
    08-05-11 12:43 PM
    BBM 6 was touted as a big new thing, with external app integration and lots of fancy new stuff. In reality it is buggy and upsetting a lot of users, and I have heard that it may have memory management problems. I think there is an OS5 version of it as well. Don't bother with it. If you are moving to iPhone you probably aren't a big BBM user anyway.
    08-05-11 02:38 PM
    I'm not too worried about it. I have a bunch of BBM friends...close to 30, but all but 3-4 of them have moved onto android or iphone.
    08-05-11 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD