12-06-10 11:23 AM
83 1234
tools
    Won't be working for six to eight hour if you go by what RIM said. Still not working here.
    12-23-09 03:13 AM
    6 hours into using the new BBM i find that it drains battery slightly faster than on 5.0.0.33. blazing fast file transfer speeds though, will wait to see how things go.
    12-23-09 03:44 AM
    Typing lag in this version almost totally gone. It actually keeps up with me for a change, and so far, so good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 03:53 AM
    Downloaded BBM 5.0.0.57 this morning on the way into work, performed the reboot when asked, now my Tour just power cycles. LOL, the blue loading bar never appears! Not sure what IDIOTS the hired up in Canada for the CDMA team, but they have really built GARBAGE with this 9630. I have owned many BBs, from the 7290 to the 8310, I have NEVER had this much of an issue with BlackBerry OS! This is just ridiculous! >:-(
    12-23-09 07:48 AM
    Anyone know why the file is only 2.5mb when loaded from www.blackberry.com/messenger and 3.8mb when loaded from App World.

12-23-09 08:10 AM
    Just DLd it. Everything seemed to go smooth. I don't get how you lost your contacts. Didn't it ask you whether you wanted to replace the current .56 ver w/ .57? Then, your contacts should automatically reappear when DL is complete. Did you completely delete before install?
    12-23-09 08:44 AM
    yup, i really did. i kick it old school. not so much a fan of the avatars and smileys, those guys look high all the time!
    I had a friend that did the same thing. Understandable.
    12-23-09 08:50 AM
    I upgraded but it stalled and then uninstalled. I reinstalled (it take take a long time to reinstall) and rebooted. Restored my contacts from my memory card. All of my contacts are back and my pic is back. However, I have no pics for my contacts and my groups are gone. BBM is working though. Are groups just not able to be restored? Any idea why my pics for contacts haven't come through?

***update****
    I received a message saying "restoring groups." Still no contacts pics though.
    Last edited by Stides; 12-23-09 at 09:39 AM.
    12-23-09 09:33 AM
    Wow. St. Ides! I haven't had that ish since my high school days! A .40 oz. was like $2.50 and it gave me theeeee worst headache hangovers. AHH! The good old days!
    12-23-09 09:54 AM
    i lost all my contact this sucks.
    12-23-09 11:26 AM
    Uk user here..tried downloading bbm via app world and it took 3 attempts..finally got it running now but messages are taking a while to send and none of my contacts display pics are showing up and neither are updates..anyone got any idea what could be the cause of this problem?.. .56 was soooo much better..only upgraded to this crap because everytime I opened bbm a pop up box would come up askin me to update..feel free to add me aswel 210C3797...

12-23-09 11:53 AM
    I DL'd around 10AMish...took awhile becuse it kept "pausing" and I had to reclick the progress bar...server must have been loaded.

It DL'd...then told me there "was a problem installing it". Did a bat pull, then clicked on the link that magically appeared in my message list. Brought me to ApWorld...it's now "Loading" in apworld. I'm 2 minutes shy of the 2 hour mark waiting for this to load.

Curve 8310. I just updated to .56 Monday night. I thought that took a long time, but it went fast compaired to this latest one.
    12-23-09 11:56 AM
    I just downloaded the upgrade through the app store. very slow download then i got an error saying i couldn't install. tried again and it worked...i ended up losing all my contacts though.
    12-23-09 12:17 PM
    Wow. St. Ides! I haven't had that ish since my high school days! A .40 oz. was like $2.50 and it gave me theeeee worst headache hangovers. AHH! The good old days!
    The worst! I haven't had it in over 15 years but drink 2 of them and you are guaranteed to not remember your own name!
    12-23-09 01:15 PM
    Ok am i doing something wrong i keep getting a cod error. Help
    12-23-09 02:43 PM
    Download and install went pretty quickly. No loss of contacts and it doesn't look any different.
    12-23-09 04:58 PM
    So I go on vacation, lose blackberry service for a day, install their recommended update, lose all my bbm contacts and remote restore isn't working and my backups are at home 2000 miles away for 2 more weeks. Think I might just switch to android this weekend

12-23-09 05:46 PM
    Hi all,

I had problems with the first release of the new messenger. Voice notes and pictures sent thru bb messenger could not be accessed unless saved to memory first.

I rolled back to the original messenger that came on the phone a year ago and then upgraded 24 hours later and now I was able to restore all my contacts through the upgrade app (on the phone no need for computer as I had thought) and it now gives me access to Voice notes. It seems to be working as advertised and how it should have from the first.

SFerrari
    12-23-09 07:11 PM
    How can I tell what version I am using? I did an upgrade a few days ago, is this the same one?
    12-23-09 07:53 PM
    How can I tell what version I am using? I did an upgrade a few days ago, is this the same one?
    Options>Applications or the BB App World
    12-24-09 12:50 AM
    I have mentioned a bug or it is just a problem which is occuring with my OS 5.0.0.411..
    Maybe you guys have mentioned the same problem?!

My BBM contacts whos are also in my Contatlist are shown in BBM conversation tab with a Phone logo which means that that is the SMS conversation I have with them.
    But when I reboot my Phone, this particulary sms conversation is NOT shown anymore in BBM nore in my SMS inbox!! Only when I receive a new SMS or send a New SMS to one of those contacts, the SMS conversation is shown again in BBM but not i my SMS inbox..

Do you guys know a solution for this? Having the same problem?

12-24-09 02:45 AM
    Uk user here..tried downloading bbm via app world and it took 3 attempts..finally got it running now but messages are taking a while to send and none of my contacts display pics are showing up and neither are updates..anyone got any idea what could be the cause of this problem?.. .56 was soooo much better..only upgraded to this crap because everytime I opened bbm a pop up box would come up askin me to update..feel free to add me aswel 210C3797...

hey i have the same problem too..my contact pics arent showin up..idk wats wrongg
    12-24-09 01:27 PM
    its very nice
    12-24-09 09:49 PM
    I haven't had any issues with BBM other then a couple hours the other day. But I installed the new update anyway and everything was quick and smooth. Since I updated, however, I'm having issues with a few of my contacts. I haven't received any messages since I updated, which is unusual. Also, for several of my contacts, the check mark shows up when I send them a message, but there is no "D" or "R" like usual. What's the issue? Is there anything I can do to resolve the issue? I'm new to the BlackBerry world.
    12-25-09 12:59 AM
    Any way to make them bigger?? With the new upgrade, i can't even see the D or R unless i go INTO the message thread. That's the only way i can tell if someone read my message!
    12-25-09 02:06 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD