Hey all,

First off, I have to say I'm absolutely in love with my Blackberry Bold 9700. Seriously, I understand the term "Crackberry" now. Can.Not.Put.It.Down.

I consider myself rather technologically savvy, which is why I'm resorting to all of YOUR expertise. I'm stumped.

My media player has been working fine lately - I have all my music in SDCARD/Blackberry/Music as instructed.

I recently downloaded and installed Waze (a sweet GPS program with voice prompts and turn by turn instructions). It prompted me tonight on my first use to download the English voice prompts, so I did, and didn't think anything of it.

However, just a few hours ago, I was using my Media Player, and noticed all the prompt audio files were showing up in my Media Player! I hit Options and then Properties, and they are definitely stored in the Device Memory under the application Waze, and NOT on the SD card in the music directory.

So my question is this: why is the Media Player searching the entire phone for media files, and how do I change this?

My apologies if I didn't get directly to the point, but I prefer to be as thorough as possible.

I have two options.

1). First, and what I hope to happen, someone finds a way to resolve this issue with a setting, or something I overlooked.

2). I use a different GPS program. I do NOT like Google Maps. The voice prompts were inconsistent, and never accurate. Tele-Nav is out of the question, because, frankly, I don't want to pay $9.99/month for a subscription to something which was free when I had Sprint (I now have T-Mobile).

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to your response(s).

Regards,

Eric Olsen
    09-06-10 10:17 AM
    Go into the media folder (not media player) and select option - you'll find an exclude folders option - navigate to the waze folder and check the box - you should then no longer see all the voice prompt files in media player...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 12:36 PM
    Kind of reviving an old post, but can't seem to have any luck finding a solution. I'm also having the same type of problem with the Waze files showing up in the media player. I tried to find the "exclude folders" option from the media folder, but can't seem to find that option. Any more hints? I also have a Torch running OS/6

Here's what I tried:
    * open the Media folder
    * hit the BB button, see two options: (1) Media Options, and (2) Options
    * selected (1) Media Options - but didn't see an exclude folder option
    * selected (2) Options - but that got me to the Home Screen Preferences

Thanks in advance.
    11-14-10 09:59 PM
    In Exclude folders, you need to check off the ones you don't want media to be found or listed. If you did and nothing is done about it, then you just need to bare with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 04:00 AM
    Where's this "Exclude folders" that everyone seems to have. Haven't been able to find it anywhere. Did they get rid of this option in OS/6?
    11-15-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD