Hi all, I've recently updated my Blackberry Messenger to the latest version 6.2.0.44 and the broadcast messages font turned to black. This is annoying because before the update I used to differentiate who is talking to me and who is just random broadcasting but now its confusing.

Is there any way to turn the BBM broadcast messages font back to purple?

Would highly appreciate it

Regards,

A.B
    04-18-12 10:27 AM
    I am still receiving BC messages in Purple. Are you sure they are Broadcast messages?
    04-18-12 10:47 AM
    I'm pretty sure

I've went through the options and the settings but couldn't find any solution

Please help

Thanks
    04-18-12 01:23 PM
    This happened on my curve 9360 aswell :/ Some come up purple, some come up black :S
    04-18-12 02:21 PM
    True

We'll i've searched about it and it turned out to be some sort of error i'm not sure.
    04-18-12 04:24 PM
    Hopefully RIM will release a maintenance update to fix it. They usually do a lot of updates within a few days of the release. Some of the messages i get seem like messages but they are in fact broadcasts, and it's really annoying. I don't know if there's any downgrade links, and i dont want to risk loosing my contacts
    04-19-12 01:13 PM
    Yes.
    Some broadcast messages appear in black.

For my friend, all broadcast messages are in black.

Hope for a fix soon.
    04-20-12 01:48 AM
    Hi,
    Has anyone received a responce on why are Broadcast messages are Black.
    This is extremely annoying.
    If no ones received a response does anyone know how we can contact BB 2fix this?
    05-29-12 03:56 PM
    Seems to happen with random bc messages. Some broadcasts from the same person will appear in purple and black sometimes.

Hopefully RIM comes up with a fix.

Sent from my fingers on a 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-30-12 09:25 AM
    current BBM updates suck completely.

Black Broadcast msgs, can't scroll up from the bottom of a long Group Chat, etc etc

Wonder when will RIM fix it. Fedup of following it up on the Discussions at RIM's beta site - its like talking to a concrete wall
    06-02-12 09:31 AM
    RIM is aware of this issue, has been since release. Only a OS update in the future will fix it. (don't know when that will happen)
    06-04-12 03:25 PM
    (I have my BBM 8 installed in 9720, and the broadcast message are turned black) You can try opening the message and back to the chat page. See if the yellow dot before the chat is still appeared instead of grey dot, it means that the message is a broadcast message.
    04-23-14 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD