Hello,

I'm a newbie to all this bb stuff so please bear with me I would like to download bbm version 5.0.0.57 to my Tour (v.4.7.1.57). I have a data package - email and bbm but no internet. Can someone please help me by walking me through the steps?

Thank you!

Cheers!

Last edited by Marilyn28; 02-13-10 at 08:17 PM.
    02-13-10 07:14 PM
    You have to download it through your phone's browser or app world.

unless you have a version already on your phone. If it is connect it to DM and you can upgrade your version through DM's update/upgrade tab
    02-13-10 08:19 PM
    Thank you for your response. I don't have the internet on my phone so I can't do it through the browser. When I go to app world and try to download it - it won't work - it starts to download it and then the screen goes blank and a new tab shows up saying an error happened and the window was restored. I'll try again and again and again and the same thing will happen. When I go to Desktop Manager and try to upgrade it says there are no upgrades and the current version (4.7.1) is the latest....
    02-13-10 08:28 PM
    You have a data package with no internet?
    02-13-10 08:39 PM
    Yes, just email and bbm - no internet...
    02-13-10 08:44 PM
    Do you have a previous version of bbm on your phone? If you do then when you go on DM, you can update versions of programs on your phone through your computer, and then you don't have to worry about using your phones data. I thought most bb are shipped with a version of bbm, otherwise you could try your service provider to see if they could put it on there for you.

BTW I wish AT&T would have that package of just BIS and no internet and charge half the price of their bb plan.
    Last edited by bareaz88; 02-14-10 at 01:20 AM.
    02-14-10 01:16 AM
    Thank you for your response. I do have the original version of bbm (4.7.1.57) for the Tour but I would like the 5.0 version. I've tried to update my device software to no avail. I am with Bell Mobility - when I go to their website for an upgrade they don't have the newest version listed, however other Bell clients have the newer version so it must be available to download somehow.

Bell's website: BlackBerry smartphone support- bell.ca (scroll down to Tour - only the old version listed - other bb's have the 5.0 version).

I hear ya on the package deal - this one is literally half the price @ $10.00 - with the internet it would be $20.00. Honestly, I haven't needed to use the internet yet.
    02-14-10 01:32 AM
    That's because Bell hasn't released 5.0 for the Tour yet. Telus has, though.
    02-14-10 09:29 AM
    Thank you for your response. I do have the original version of bbm (4.7.1.57) for the Tour but I would like the 5.0 version. I've tried to update my device software to no avail. I am with Bell Mobility - when I go to their website for an upgrade they don't have the newest version listed, however other Bell clients have the newer version so it must be available to download somehow.

Bell's website: BlackBerry smartphone support- bell.ca (scroll down to Tour - only the old version listed - other bb's have the 5.0 version).

I hear ya on the package deal - this one is literally half the price @ $10.00 - with the internet it would be $20.00. Honestly, I haven't needed to use the internet yet.
    I think you are confusing the version of your OS and the version of you BBM. 4.7.1.57 is the OS not the BBM.
    02-14-10 10:14 AM
    The way to install BBM 5.0, is to do it through Desktop Manager. There is a .zip file, which contains all the necessary files needed. Once downloaded, just unzip the folder for your OS and follow the instructions below.

The needed zip folder containing the files can be found here ---> https://hookedontronyx.com/Blackberr...BBM5.0.0.8.zip

the instructions to install those files can be found here ---> http://forums.crackberry.com/f153/ho...anager-271622/

credits to dictoresno
    02-14-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD