Why is the new process of sending/receiving pictures via BBM so incredibly dumb?

Is there a way to make it so that I don't have to save the picture first?

Last time you could view the picture before choosing to save it, now I have to save it, then download it before I can even view it.

Please tell me there is a way to change this.
    10-13-09 12:35 PM
    My thoughts are the exact same as yours
    10-13-09 12:41 PM
    Yeah, it's very annoying. I strongly prefer the old way of sending/receiving pictures in BBM
    10-13-09 01:19 PM
    I agree. The way pictures and voicenotes are handled is absolutely insane. Does anyone see any usefulness in the process? What also bugs me in addition to having to download the entire huge picture file (as opposed to simply seeing the reduced picture blown up in BBM like the old version) is the fact that the picture and voicenote requests expire if not opened within a pretty short period of time. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
    10-13-09 01:25 PM
    Dont know why you guys get that... I'm running new BBM5, and OS .238, and have the view and save options on pics rec'd in bbm, also have the "play or save" for voicenotes.... Weird.....
    10-13-09 01:54 PM
    Dont know why you guys get that... I'm running new BBM5, and OS .238, and have the view and save options on pics rec'd in bbm, also have the "play or save" for voicenotes.... Weird.....
    Damn. That's irritating.

The way mine is setup is truly dysfunctional. I have no interest in saving 98% of the pictures I receive via BBM, but I have no choice if I wish to even look at them.

Does anyone else have the choice to view them first?
    10-13-09 02:27 PM
    This is the main reason the wife and I rolled back to BBM 4.6

That and BBM 5 seemed to make our bolds insanely slow.
    10-13-09 02:32 PM
    That is because the person sending you the items are not on BBM5

It behaves the above mentioned way when both people are using BBM5.
    10-13-09 02:33 PM
    how did you go back to bbm 4.6? my friend and both have 5.0 and hate it. it took me 2 mins to DL a pic he had just taken from his 8900. thats insanse dumb. i want the old version back
    10-13-09 07:18 PM
    im sorry i dont see the big problem with this. so you have to save. personally i save most pics anyway. but i guess it depends on what you're being sent. My bbm is mainly filled with females. So any pics I get are likely being saved. Thats me though.

I finally got the receiving image thing working. someone found out the problem thank god
    10-14-09 12:32 AM
    im sorry i dont see the big problem with this. so you have to save. personally i save most pics anyway. but i guess it depends on what you're being sent. My bbm is mainly filled with females. So any pics I get are likely being saved. Thats me though.
    Um wow, ok.

Personally I don't save most of the pictures people send me. One of the best features of BBM was the ability to instantly send pictures, and instantly view pictures sent to you. If you wanted to save them you always had the option. This mandatory saving is a huge time/memory waste. Please remedy this RIM.
    10-30-09 02:15 PM
    Um wow, ok.

Personally I don't save most of the pictures people send me. One of the best features of BBM was the ability to instantly send pictures, and instantly view pictures sent to you. If you wanted to save them you always had the option. This mandatory saving is a huge time/memory waste. Please remedy this RIM.
    I agree. I don't even bother looking at BBM pictures any more. Too much hassle deleting them. I use MMS to send/receive pictures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD