I dl the newest bbm, but I cant send any pics to bbm contacts. This is a lil frustrating. any suggestions? Also, when I hook my blackberry up to the computer and the desktop manager runs, i it says i can downgrade my bbm...any thoughts? thanks.
    11-13-09 07:49 AM
    Easiest way to send a pic in BBM is to go to your pictures...pick the picture you would like to send and then send to BBM contact.
    11-13-09 09:20 AM
    What do you mean you can't send ? Do you mean there is no option to send or when you do send the phone locks up ??
    11-13-09 10:42 AM
    When I try to send a pic it says it sent the pic, however, the person does not receive the pic...is there something they need to do on their end to dl it? with the old bbm any pics just showed right up.
    11-13-09 01:36 PM
    Do they have the new BBM 5.0 downloaded also?
    11-13-09 01:41 PM
    yes we both do.
    11-13-09 01:45 PM
    maybe they can try a battery pull?! i know it sounds do unhelpful but a lot of the time that fixes the problem i doubt that was helpful but maybe have them give it a try
    11-13-09 02:05 PM
    This is a known issue with the new BBM 5.0. If you send to somebody else with 5.0 they have to accept it and even when they do, 9 times out of 10 the picture would never send. If you are sending to somebody with a lower version than 5.0, they get a tiny copy of the picture only.

This was the issue that made me go back to the older version, which was disappointing because I loved everything else about the new 5.0.

Mike
    11-13-09 02:08 PM
    How do you downgrade bbm?
    11-16-09 08:01 AM
    How do you downgrade bbm?
    1. Backup your BB. (Very important)
    2. Unhook you BB from your computer, go into Options/Advanced Options/Applications and Highlight Blackberry Messenger that is showing as version 5.0, press the menu key and pick Delete and confirm.
    3. Reboot your BB.
    4. Hook your BB up to your computer and open Desktop Manager/Applications Loader/Add Remove Applications, let it scan your BB, then on the list on the left, find and check the box for Blackberry Messenger 4.5 then click finish, and the older version will be installed.
    5. Reboot your BB.
    6. Hook your BB back up to your computer and go into Desktop Manager/Backup and Restore and restore your previous backup.

You should now have the old version back and your contacts returned to your BB.

Mike
    11-16-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD