Ok, I have a storm with the new BBM on it because I have an open data plan and used App World to get it. My wife has a 8130, but does not have an open data plan, only email and oin. So, how do I get the BBM from my phone on to her phone? Is there a way to copy and place on hers?? Thanks for any help.
    10-12-09 12:03 PM
    I don't think the program would transfer properly even if there was a way to send it to her phone.

You may be out of luck on this one, I'm not sure. There may be a way to download the program on your computer and load it to the phone via DM but again, I'm not sure.
    10-12-09 12:23 PM
    I would just download the file from Blackberry App world and load it on her phone after saving it to a computer. I did not have to do this, but I am sure there is a way to do it.
    10-12-09 12:44 PM
    You should be able to hook her BB up to the DM on the computer and load it from there.
    10-12-09 12:47 PM
    I was thinking of trying to do that. But, this may sound dumb, but how to I get it saved on computer. I have backed up my Storm with DM and also apps with BBSK. Now, how to I retrieve from them to get saved somewhere to transfer? THat is the hard part to figure out. Cheers
    10-12-09 12:49 PM
    When you download the new BBM, it will come to you in a file. (you may also be able to get the files off of your blackberry through DM) after you have the file on your machine connect the pearl to DM and select the load applications area. You will be able to select which app you want to load and it should take it from there
    10-12-09 01:36 PM
    I got it guys, thanks a lot. I got a zip file where all the cod and alx files are in it. Used DM and loaded no problems. Thanks again. Here is zip file.

Attachment 41167
    10-12-09 02:15 PM
    Thanks for the link.
    10-12-09 03:21 PM
    I got it guys, thanks a lot. I got a zip file where all the cod and alx files are in it. Used DM and loaded no problems. Thanks again. Here is zip file.

Attachment 41167

What do i do as soon as i get the zip file onto my computer?
    10-17-09 04:59 PM
    I have a sprint pearl 8130 OS 3.0.1.127 and i know you need a 4.5 to run the new BBM, this could be a dumb question but is there a way to get the 4.5?
    10-22-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD