06-23-10 02:23 PM
127 12345 ...
tools
    for spell check, type your message, BB button, choose spell check from the menu.
    LOL! i'm pretty sure we know how it's supposed to work! The option just isn't there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 07:36 AM
    maybe its an OS 5.0 thing rather then a BBM thing?
    12-15-09 07:47 AM
    No spell check either. Upgraded through the "upgrade" icon when I did a battery pull. Running OS 4.6.1.315
    12-15-09 07:51 AM
    maybe its an OS 5.0 thing rather then a BBM thing?
    That's possible. i can live without spell check.

RIM needs to fix these issues though. Send location also.

12-15-09 07:52 AM
    Ok has anyone transfered a pic yet? Me and my wife have the storm 2's and were thinking of updating but we like the ease of the current picture transfer. Do you still have to download it before you can preview it? Thanks
    12-15-09 07:58 AM
    Ok has anyone transfered a pic yet? Me and my wife have the storm 2's and were thinking of updating but we like the ease of the current picture transfer. Do you still have to download it before you can preview it? Thanks
    as stated this fixes that issue from .33. you can now preview
    12-15-09 08:01 AM
    Threaded SMS (both separately and within BBM) is only available when you're running OS 5.
    I have updated my BB Messenger (from the OS .411) to this BBM 5.0.0.55
    It works great, nog bugs or anything, but I just noticed that under the tab 'caonversations' I only see the BBM chatsessions I recently had with my BBM contacts (I don't SMS with them)..
    But in the recent 5.0.0.33 it was showing also the SMS text conversations under the 'conversation' tabb..

Can I get it back, or is this new BBM version just not showing SMS conversations from my BB contacts (both messenger and sms contacts)?
    12-15-09 08:08 AM
    No spell check option in my BB either. Running 4.5.0.174 on my 8320 Curve with TMO.

12-15-09 08:22 AM
    Just downloaded the 5.0.0.55, but for some reason the icon for a new message wont disappear from the main menu, even though i closed all chats on the bmm, anyone else having this problem?

the red led wouldn't stop blinking as well.

any suggestions on what i could do about that?

I've tried pulling out the battery, i also reinstalled the new bbm, changed the theme, but still wont go away :S
    Last edited by judex2; 12-15-09 at 09:03 AM.
    12-15-09 08:39 AM
    Blackberry Tour 9600

v5.0.0.230 (Platform 4.2.0.61)

- spell check is still there for me.
    Last edited by GrafixInk; 12-15-09 at 10:22 AM.
    12-15-09 09:03 AM
    please let me know if there is a solution for bbm .55 or if i should get the .33 instead cause with the .55 i lost the spell check and getting issues with led blinking all the time
    12-15-09 09:33 AM
    Just downloaded the 5.0.0.55, but for some reason the icon for a new message wont disappear from the main menu, even though i closed all chats on the bmm, anyone else having this problem?

the red led wouldn't stop blinking as well.

any suggestions on what i could do about that?

I've tried pulling out the battery, i also reinstalled the new bbm, changed the theme, but still wont go away :S
    I am having the same problem with the BBM notification not going away. Luckily my LED isn't blinking. That would drive me insane.
    12-15-09 09:44 AM
    downloaded on 8310 running 4.5 and it installed and running .

No spell check, not that I use it on BBM, it's like msn, all slang words
    Picture Preview is there, but the preview on the pic is still small, not full screen like it use to be

Will have fun with it and see what else we find. I'm sure there will be a new rls sometime soon to fix these little issues.
    12-15-09 09:56 AM
    No ones noticing any big changes? Noticed in app world that .55 is almost a full mb bigger than .33! There's gotta be something for that much of a change in size otherwise no reason to dl.

12-15-09 11:28 AM
    Seems to be ok so far.

I am hoping this also fixed the all CAPS, SDRAWKCAB and no typing preview bbm issue I would have when replying from the home screen using BB Dimension Zen theme. (attached pic of CSV).

Seems faster. But, I do not have the spellcheck option either.

So does anyone work in the QA dept. at RIM? I mean really.
    12-15-09 12:30 PM
    To get rid of the BBM notification that seemed to always stay on the home screen:

Delete and re-install BBM. Make sure to backup your contacts first though!
    12-15-09 12:44 PM
    I'm holding off on installing this, will wait for the next release. RIM did not give any change logs either, so no install...
    12-15-09 12:59 PM
    I posted this in another thread but i think it is worth pointing out why not having spell check can be an issue:

to those that are saying this is no big deal you are right, it is not IF you only use english to communicate, but i use spanish quite a bit and it is rather difficult to try and insert some characters through the keyboard, as well as getting some of the accents in the correct place. they need to fix this quickly. my french spelling is also atrocious but i can get away with it when i have the spell check this issue is ridiculous, its got me a bit miffed.
    12-15-09 01:05 PM
    I posted this in another thread but i think it is worth pointing out why not having spell check can be an issue:

to those that are saying this is no big deal you are right, it is not IF you only use english to communicate, but i use spanish quite a bit and it is rather difficult to try and insert some characters through the keyboard, as well as getting some of the accents in the correct place. they need to fix this quickly. my french spelling is also atrocious but i can get away with it when i have the spell check this issue is ridiculous, its got me a bit miffed.
    I also type in Spanish. Accents are easy.. just keep the desired vowel key pressed and roll your trackball. This will display the different characters related to the vowel in question... the first or second on the list is the Spanish accentuated vowel. There is nothing to fix in regards to this.. BB devices keyboards just dont come in Spanish, as you indeed find in PC keyboards with Spanish or Latinamerican key distribution.

You get used to this.. and its much better than in the old times... when you had to enter the ASCII code for Spanish characters in your PC... pre-Windows age!!
    12-15-09 01:16 PM
    you should be able to get spell check to work by going to your phone options > spell check > and then click "check spelling as you type"

this fixed the spell check issue for me..
    12-15-09 01:17 PM
    I don't know why people are having all sorts of problem. Mine is working great on my 9700. Spell check is there, I love the new preview because it's actually bigger compare to the previous leaks. Thanks RIM!
    12-15-09 01:38 PM
    I really think the spell check thing has to do with the phones OS, people that are below 5.0 aren't seeing it where as 5.0 and above are.
    12-15-09 01:44 PM
    for spell check, type your message, BB button, choose spell check from the menu.

Thanks, but i'm very much aware of how to use spell check on bbm. The option is just no longer listed there.

Additionally, if I go into Options->Spell check and enable "Check spelling as you type" so that it puts the line under misspelled words as I type them, it does not work in BBM either. As if BBM completely lost its connection to the Spell Check interface of the OS.
    12-15-09 01:44 PM
    berger- what OS are you running?
    12-15-09 05:05 PM
    Thanks, but i'm very much aware of how to use spell check on bbm. The option is just no longer listed there.

Additionally, if I go into Options->Spell check and enable "Check spelling as you type" so that it puts the line under misspelled words as I type them, it does not work in BBM either. As if BBM completely lost its connection to the Spell Check interface of the OS.
    i have mine set up as described and as i typed a correct and incorrect word as the square popped up (w spelling suggestions) i hit menu and spelling check is an option i hit it and it popped up the correct word for me to select
    (only time spell check is not in the menu for me is when there is no letter in the text box)
    12-15-09 05:56 PM
127 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD