i just downloaded the new BBM 5.01.38 and i cant find the application anywhere on my phone. i looked all over for it and in the application menu it shows that its installed on my phone. i cant find the application anywhere and i deleted it and reinstalled it like 8times already with/ rebooting my phone. any help plz???
    08-11-10 07:35 PM
    Hey man I have the exact same problem on my 8900, even started a thread in the BB native apps forum and either no one cares or no one knows how to fix this problem. I'll be searching to find a fix for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 09:34 PM
    This may not be the answer but did you look in the IM folder?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 09:38 PM
    yes i look everywhere/..
    08-11-10 09:49 PM
    Having the same problem on my 9530 ,,,, waiting for help too
    08-11-10 09:59 PM
    i have the same problem too but with my 9700 Bold....someone please help!
    08-11-10 09:59 PM
    My guess is this new BBM don't work with old OS, hope someone can come up with a solution
    08-11-10 10:14 PM
    ok i got it!....Go back to the download page where you got it from the first time.make sure that you check the "set application permissions" box. click on the download button and convert everything to allow. then it should say that you already have version 5.01.38, would you like to replace it? click on yes. once its done downloading, click on reboot now! NOT later...(this was the only thing i changed since i downloaded it the first time and it didnt work. i clicked on reboot later and then shut I it off using the END key and then turned it back on thinking that would make it reboot). after you click on "reboot now" your phone should shut off and automatically turn back on with a black screen that says the word blackberry and has a loading bar. after thats done your good to go! its a shame cause after all that hard work i found the new bbm to be really disgusting. oh well, hope this helped...
    08-11-10 10:47 PM
    I have next problem, the new BBM doesnt show in my app world?? help??
    08-11-10 10:58 PM
    Tried to re D/L again with all permission allow, still the BBM icon is missing
    08-12-10 04:05 AM
    For all of you that having problem with new bbm 138, my solution is to find older version, it work for me with bbm 66
    08-12-10 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD