Ever since I upgraded my OS 5.0 I've noticed that when I receive a new bbm message my music stops and then i'll have to press the media button on the top twice. this has been going on for quite a while and it gets annoying especially when you're in a conference and your favourite music keeps cutting out.any ideas guys?
    07-16-10 10:08 AM
    What build version did you update to? The latest .57 or is it the BETA version?
    07-16-10 10:13 AM
    What build version did you update to? The latest .57 or is it the BETA version?
    OS 5.0.0.681 (Platform 5.2.0.67)
    07-16-10 10:30 AM
    No no, the version of BBM you are using!
    07-16-10 10:39 AM
    i think its the beta version but not too sure.how can i check it?
    07-16-10 10:50 AM
    i think its the beta version but not too sure.how can i check it?
    Did you sign up for the Blackberry Beta Zone and download the new BBM? That's probably the only way you could be using that version. You would remember having to get a keycode via email and then pasting it into the user agreement in order to use BBM? Does any of that sound familiar? If so, go back to the BETA group and let RIM and others know that its interrupting the media player. If you're not using that version, maybe its something that will be fixed in the new BETA version and in subsequent public releases... You should go signup for the Beta Zone and give it a go. Perhaps it could fix this for you, if you aren't, of course, using this version already.

You can find out which version you are using by going into OPTIONS < APPLICATIONS < ADD-ON and then looking for the numbers next to "Blackberry Messenger."
    07-16-10 10:54 AM
    Did you sign up for the Blackberry Beta Zone and download the new BBM? That's probably the only way you could be using that version. You would remember having to get a keycode via email and then pasting it into the user agreement in order to use BBM? Does any of that sound familiar? If so, go back to the BETA group and let RIM and others know that its interrupting the media player. If you're not using that version, maybe its something that will be fixed in the new BETA version and in subsequent public releases... You should go signup for the Beta Zone and give it a go. Perhaps it could fix this for you, if you aren't, of course, using this version already.

You can find out which version you are using by going into OPTIONS < APPLICATIONS < ADD-ON and then looking for the numbers next to "Blackberry Messenger."
    that doesn't sound familiar at all, think i just downloaded it from Blackberry Apps and the BBM version is 5.0.0,found it under core.so are you suggestion gettign the beta version?
    07-16-10 11:15 AM
    If you'd like to download the BETA and have some time to work through all of that. I would suggest at least trying it out and seeing if it solves your problem if its a big annoyance for you.
    07-16-10 11:18 AM
    Ever since I upgraded my OS 5.0 I've noticed that when I receive a new bbm message my music stops and then i'll have to press the media button on the top twice. this has been going on for quite a while and it gets annoying especially when you're in a conference and your favourite music keeps cutting out.any ideas guys?
    I had this same problem until I was playing with my blackberry and I had the ringer on vibrate and I was using the media player and got a bbm and it wasnt interupted
    07-16-10 11:30 AM
    I had this same problem until I was playing with my blackberry and I had the ringer on vibrate and I was using the media player and got a bbm and it wasnt interupted
    that didn't work neither, when the phone vibrtates x-amount of times the music stops and then phone beeps. also normally when the phone is vibrating and i rub the scroll pad it stops but now i have to either press the scroll pad or press the back button
    07-16-10 11:50 AM
    Ok I'm having the same problem, I don't believe it's the version bbm cuz I upgraded mine and it was working as per normal... I noticed a lot of "buggy" changes since I upgraded the OS from 4.6 to 5.0.0.681 a lot of the "fixes" I've seen suggest turning off notifications on the profile, creating a new profile, select the "phone only" profile or "quiet" profile... That is NOT a fix! Supposing I (like I was trying to do today) was sitting in a park listening to music and at the same time having a convo on bbm with my berry on "vibrate" so I wouldn't hear the notification (or "normal" for that matter in case I wanted to hear the notification in the background if someone emailed/texted/bbmed) it's bloody annoying that the music stops u have to press the "play" button atop the phone twice and as soon as you do that ur buddy bbms you again and the music stops! Worse yet if u use ur berry with your car stereo! Why should I have to set my profile on silent just to listen to music and miss out on knowing if I have a msg? It worked before... I can understand changing your profile to quiet or whatever for those who find hearing the notification while listening to their tunes annoying, but others shouldn't have to be inconvenienced by either interrupted media playback or having to constantly look at the screen to ensure that an important msg isn't missed... So with that being said any PROPER fixes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD