I have downloaded the new BBM 5 from app world.
    If I open from BBM icon, it works perfect.
    however, if I open BBM from QL, it freezes.
    well, It opens the BBM fine but doesn't open Convo's.
    nothing work from there.
    and once I opened from QL, it doesn't work afterall even if you open from BBM Icon and I have to battery pull to get it working.

I am not sure how to fix this.
    I am using the latest QL and older version wouldn't work either.
    my OS is 4.6.0.216
    10-08-09 11:00 AM
    Not sure why you would want to access BBM through QL. You can easily hold the BB button the app window pop up and select it from there, or have the BBM launcher on your home screen. You can even assign a conveinance to key to open BBM. Just seems a lot easier, and it works.
    10-08-09 11:22 AM
    Yeah same problem here. I'm just opening bbm through the app menu now and not from QL. I don't think there is a fix right now, will just have to wait for a new update. The old bbm opened fine using QL though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 11:26 AM
    Not sure why you would want to access BBM through QL. You can easily hold the BB button the app window pop up and select it from there, or have the BBM launcher on your home screen. You can even assign a conveinance to key to open BBM. Just seems a lot easier, and it works.
    my theme doesn't have any icons on my home screen.
    hey, i never thought about assigning a convenience key to open BBM
    haha thanks.
    10-08-09 11:36 AM
    my theme doesn't have any icons on my home screen.
    hey, i never thought about assigning a convenience key to open BBM
    haha thanks.

Happy to have helped!
    10-08-09 11:52 AM
    It works fine for me with Quicklaunch
    10-08-09 12:03 PM
    It works fine for me with Quicklaunch
    what is your OS may i ask??
    10-08-09 02:06 PM
    reassign the new BBM to QL after you take off the old assignment.
    10-08-09 02:22 PM
    I'm on .297
    10-08-09 02:42 PM
    reassign the new BBM to QL after you take off the old assignment.
    I'm having the same issue as minyeppy and I am also running OS .297 and QL version 2.12.3. I have deleted my previous BBM shortcut, did a battery pull, re-added the new BBM 5.0 short-cut and BBM does nothing once opened. I have to do another battery pull to even get it to respond using the BBM icon. Can't understand why it works for some and not others. This BBM 5.0 has been a very frustrating experience for me. OS upgrades haven't been nearly as difficult as this BBM upgrade has been.
    10-08-09 02:56 PM
    I also am having the exact problem, i tried deleting and reassigning BBM to QL but still freezes up
    10-08-09 03:38 PM
    It works with any OS, its BBM version 5.0 doesn't work with QL.
    10-08-09 05:51 PM
    I cant even get pass the licence agreement so I could launch BBM 5 but now I read that it wont open with QL even if I can fix that issue somehow. I just wait till RIM wakes up and release a version that actually works. seems like they jumped the gun on this one.
    10-08-09 06:42 PM
    I just installed OS 5.0 and noticed that "Clock" does not open on QL anymore. U guys having issue with it?
    10-08-09 10:54 PM
    I just installed OS 5.0 and noticed that "Clock" does not open on QL anymore. U guys having issue with it?
    Yup, OS 5 'Clock' cannot me mapped through QL for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 03:09 AM
    I have this exact same problem, if I open BBM through the app folder all is fine, if I use QL nothing works properly
    10-09-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD