11-01-10 12:16 PM
39 12
tools
    Morry, there's no discernable difference for me over .1.38.
    And that identical changelog above appeared when they released 38 as well.

The .1.39 build that was released to some of us in Beta Zone was wonky, however.

I snagged .41 couple days ago thinking it was perhaps "optimized" in some way for OS6, given that it was initially only spotted on 6.0 devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 06:08 PM
    I am not loving this version. For some reason I am having an issue with my emoticons. They won't always pop up when I hit the smiley face (storm2).
    Can anyone tell me how to downgrade back to .38?

Edit** Could it be because my OS is an older version?
    I'm having the same issue and I am running the most current OS.
    I can however, pull up the emoticons using the BB menu button.

Anyone else?
    10-21-10 06:16 PM

Anyone else?
    When we tested the Beta Zone .39 version, this was our issue, except it was only in Group Chat. The Smilies "button" worked in regular BBM Chats.

With .41, perhaps this is a specific bug in the 9550 OS, as you both have 9550s. Do you both have the same OS?
    10-21-10 06:40 PM
    When we tested the Beta Zone .39 version, this was our issue, except it was only in Group Chat. The Smilies "button" worked in regular BBM Chats.

With .41, perhaps this is a specific bug in the 9550 OS, as you both have 9550s. Do you both have the same OS?
    I have a VZ Storm2 (9550) .713
    I'm using the regular BBM Chats
    TIA
    10-21-10 06:52 PM
    I am using a VZW Storm 2 9550 and I am running BDHP v3 hybrid on a .713 base. I downloaded the ne 5.0.1.41 BBM this morning and throughout the day noticed the emoticons not opening when I pressed the button. It didn't malfunction everytime but enough times that I noticed it was an issue.
    10-21-10 07:16 PM

Anyone else?
    I was running .451 on my verizon phone. Never had any issues so I never did any OS upgrades. With this release I had to use the BB menu to pull up the emoticons too. I upgraded to .713 tonight and I no longer have this issue.
    10-21-10 08:26 PM
    Ok guys I think I got the emoticons issue resolved.

Try just touching the smiley face icon lightly and not clicking it.
    They just pop up.

Good Luck
    10-21-10 08:28 PM
    Am I able to space my bbm screen name out with this update? Its already space out from my bbm 5.0 but since I updated to .138 I just left it so I don't wanna go and mess it up now

10-22-10 12:38 AM
    Am I able to space my bbm screen name out with this update? Its already space out from my bbm 5.0 but since I updated to .138 I just left it so I don't wanna go and mess it up now

What do you mean, space your name out? Like use one of those fancy characters and make the icons larger? Yes you can still do that. lol lots of people are doing that still.

Upgrading to .41 is not rocket science. It won't hurt anything.
    10-22-10 03:32 PM
    The changelog details for BBM 5.0.1.41 have been posted over at BerryReview:

BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.1.41 Change Log Details
    10-22-10 04:35 PM
    What do you mean, space your name out? Like use one of those fancy characters and make the icons larger? Yes you can still do that. lol lots of people are doing that still.

Upgrading to .41 is not rocket science. It won't hurt anything.
    When I say space out I mean like centering it away from the "margin" if you may call it ... Need to know to give it a try and see if it will stay centered

10-23-10 12:02 AM
    Okay, I'm sure I missed a few versions, but I can't believe I'm the only one with this opinion- how do you guys stand this horrid pastel h3ll they've put us in?! Does everyone just decorate rooms or collect My little Ponies for a living? I can't believe that they'd push something like this out without some color control, or even a simple checkbox to click for "I'm not colorblind and would like to stop gagging now."

Sarcasm aside, I'm rolling back to a previous version. Any previous version. Oh, and it's now false advertising to call those chat groupings "bubbles." They're utilitarian rectangles swimming in a sea of gray. How can it be an improvement when it's 50% as readable as earlier versions? Glancing over the official beta forums, they must have ignored every other person who told them the same thing. Maybe it was a RIM owner's daughter who suggested the design, and no one dared risk their job to point out the obvious....
    10-23-10 02:38 AM
    I used this function for one of my contacts, and the icon of the person's photo get created on the homescreen...but when I click on the photo, BBM doesn't open. So then I go and click on the BBM icon to open the app, and THEN it opens up a chat dialog for that person! So the function is basically useless now!

BTW, this was working for me on the previous version of BBM...
    Is anyone else experiencing this?
    11-01-10 11:32 AM
    I used this function for one of my contacts, and the icon of the person's photo get created on the homescreen...but when I click on the photo, BBM doesn't open. So then I go and click on the BBM icon to open the app, and THEN it opens up a chat dialog for that person! So the function is basically useless now!

BTW, this was working for me on the previous version of BBM...
    Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Hmmmm, I just did this for three of my contacts and it works perfectly. Even to the point of notifications, too!
    Don't know why it doesn't work for you.
    11-01-10 12:16 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD