11-01-10 12:16 PM
39 12
tools
    Just got the new BBM download notice. Wanted to let you all know to check for the new update!
    10-20-10 05:21 PM
    Been out for a while now.
    10-20-10 05:43 PM
    It figures! Thanks for keeping me in check Yester!
    10-20-10 05:55 PM
    Just checked the BB website and found this new version while ironically, BB App World just notified me this newer version was available! Downloading now! Wonder what the changes are...anybody know yet? Maybe just some minor bug fixes...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 08:02 PM
    I hope they reverted back to using the proper group icons when there's a notification. I went back to the original bbm 5 because .138(?) used a generic group icon for all group icons whenever there was new activity.

10-20-10 08:30 PM
    I still haven't got an upgrade notice. hmmm. And I am on BB App World almost daily!
    10-20-10 09:06 PM
    I lost the ability to send pics though mass contacts {broadcast} I could still send pics but only to one contact at a time after the last upgrade 1.38. Anyone know if that's been fixed with 1.41?
    10-20-10 09:26 PM
    Checked app world and the new version is out, haven't received any notice though.
    Won't upgrade until I hear a good amount of feedback from here. So bring them on chaps!
    10-20-10 09:29 PM
    I am not loving this version. For some reason I am having an issue with my emoticons. They won't always pop up when I hit the smiley face (storm2).
    Can anyone tell me how to downgrade back to .38?

Edit** Could it be because my OS is an older version?
    Last edited by Furball; 10-20-10 at 10:20 PM.
    10-20-10 10:06 PM
    Updating mines now. Hopefully no issues i come across to.
    10-20-10 11:42 PM
    Checked app world and the new version is out, haven't received any notice though.
    Won't upgrade until I hear a good amount of feedback from here. So bring them on chaps!
    I had 5.0.0.41 when I was on the 9560 OS6 leak. I honestly like 5.0 the best for some odd reason. Lol. Anyways downloading it again lol.
    10-21-10 12:11 AM
    I don't see anything different with the new update.

10-21-10 04:19 AM
    I had 5.0.0.41 when I was on the 9560 OS6 leak. I honestly like 5.0 the best for some odd reason. Lol. Anyways downloading it again lol.
    Not to be too nitpicky, but it's actually 5.0.1.41.

And when you say you "like 5.0 the best" I'm assuming you mean OS 5.0 vs 6, as opposed to BBM 5.0. (All these are BBM 5.0!)

10-21-10 05:26 AM
    I still haven't got an upgrade notice. hmmm. And I am on BB App World almost daily!
    With upgrades for the most prominent apps (like BBM) App World rolls out the notices gradually, presumably to avoid server overload.

If it's ever only showing an older version when you know an update is out, hold down the ALT key while typing R S T. App World will freeze then close. Re-open it and you should see the correct up-to-date info.
    ALT+RST also works when you're seeing any other App World "hiccup" like an upgrade asterisk that won't go away after you've already upgraded.

10-21-10 05:36 AM
    ALT RST no longer eliminates all those uninstalled apps on the bottom.

With upgrades for the most prominent apps (like BBM) App World rolls out the notices gradually, presumably to avoid server overload.

If it's ever only showing an older version when you know an update is out, hold down the ALT key while typing R S T. App World will freeze then close. Re-open it and you should see the correct up-to-date info.
    ALT+RST also works when you're seeing any other App World "hiccup" like an upgrade asterisk that won't go away after you've already upgraded.

10-21-10 06:45 AM
    I am not loving this version. For some reason I am having an issue with my emoticons. They won't always pop up when I hit the smiley face (storm2).
    Can anyone tell me how to downgrade back to .38?

Edit** Could it be because my OS is an older version?
    I am having the same issue on my S2. I am doing a battery pull to see if that helps. If not I will downgrade back to .38 thru BB App World.
    10-21-10 09:33 AM
    just upgrade"
    i Used bbm 5.0 before, No delayed and D and R always Appeared perfectly
    but now.. with 5.0.1.41
    My message taking a time to delivered and get D and R notif..."
    10-21-10 09:46 AM
    I upgraded...works fine for me. One small thing I noticed...the old version was 5.7megs...the new one 2.8. Mine is still showing as 5.7megs in appworld...even after an alt, RST. Oh well.
    10-21-10 12:34 PM
    I upgraded...works fine for me. One small thing I noticed...the old version was 5.7megs...the new one 2.8. Mine is still showing as 5.7megs in appworld...even after an alt, RST. Oh well.
    My listing for BBM 5.0.1.41 was for 3MB. The actual download was 3.115 MB.
    Start the download to see the real size. You can always click it right away to cancel the download if it really is 5MB+.

10-21-10 01:12 PM
    I am having the same issue on my S2. I am doing a battery pull to see if that helps. If not I will downgrade back to .38 thru BB App World.
    You cannot use App World to downgrade. App World will only give you the current version.

EDIT: if your listing hasn't updated and still shows 5.0.1.38, it might download that previous version. But don't count on it.

If people are desperate for it, I can probably find a link for the previous version

10-21-10 01:17 PM
    ALT RST no longer eliminates all those uninstalled apps on the bottom.
    I didn't say it did. Or maybe you're just bringing that up even though I didnt

Here's what I wrote before in the http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/how...-world-285116/ thread:
    Deleted & Uninstalled are the same thing.

I don't think ALT+RST serves any purpose in AW2.0.

The Uninstalled are removed from your device. If you don't like seeing the list, collapse it.
    It is there as a service, in case you want to see if something's updated.
    I didn't know at the time of that post, but ALT+RST does still have a purpose now, which is to force App World to update.

10-21-10 01:27 PM
    You cannot use App World to downgrade. App World will only give you the current version.

EDIT: if your listing hasn't updated and still shows 5.0.1.38, it might download that previous version. But don't count on it.

If people are desperate for it, I can probably find a link for the previous version

Don't know if I qualify for "desperate" lol but I would LOVE and appreciate any help on finding an OTA for the .38 version! I've been looking. TIA elite (-:
    10-21-10 01:27 PM
    I've downloaded & installed 1.41 and you still can't send pics to multiple contacts.
    10-21-10 04:14 PM
    I didn't see anything different from what I normally experienced with the last verson.
    10-21-10 05:19 PM
    According to the "description" in appworld:

Highlights of BBM v5.0.1 include:
    Bug fixes to improve the overall user experience
    Simplified sending of pictures and voice notes
    More user-friendly wording and organization in menus
    Support for a simpler, one line view of contact list
    Support for both deleting an unsent chat message (Shift-Del) and escaping out of a chat while retaining an unsent chat message (Escape button)

Just letting you all know since people were asking what the changes were.

As of right now, I'm not going to upgrade.....it seems people who already have are ready to downgrade!

10-21-10 05:32 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD