Hello, I am new to using BBM and just set it up and added people. I have two questions. 1). It works fine and all but I want to ask if I'm connected to Wifi will BBM send and receive messages through wifi instead of data?
    2) When I'm on the road and not connected to wifi, is there a way to turn off BBM to ensure there's no data being used? Thank you.
    12-31-09 04:36 PM
    I'm pretty sure that BBM always uses data, not wifi, but I could be totally wrong. I have not idea how to turn BBM off..I guess you could always change your status to unavailable.
    12-31-09 08:53 PM
    Sure sucks if all it uses is data.
    01-01-10 12:23 AM
    I always thought that bbm is free if u have unlimited data or not...like a benefit of having a blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 12:38 AM
    Many carriers today require a data plan for BB registration. That includes BBM and other data using functions. There may be a few apps that use Wi-Fi but most use data to run and that includes BBM.
    01-01-10 06:19 AM
    Many carriers today require a data plan for BB registration. That includes BBM and other data using functions. There may be a few apps that use Wi-Fi but most use data to run and that includes BBM.
    That is what confuses me. I don't have a data plan anf I checked my acc on the t mobile site it says I don't have any addit plkans but apps work for me as well bas bbm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD