Just noticed something after downloading the new BBM, I can add SMS contacts to the messenger. Is this new or has it always been there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 10:39 AM
    Since BBM 5.0 it has been there. Its for threaded SMS.
    12-15-09 10:43 AM
    Just noticed something after downloading the new BBM, I can add SMS contacts to the messenger.
    How do you add SMS contacts to messenger? Will that do away with the CDMA 140 character per SMS message limit?
    12-15-09 11:47 AM
    I knew I would figure it out before anyone responded. Should have just looked more before posting. Simply go to add a contact and the option is there, duh!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    12-15-09 11:51 AM
    But you did ask a great question? Will adding SMS contacts added to messenger eliminate the CDMA 140 character message per SMS limit?
    12-15-09 12:18 PM
    But you did ask a great question? Will adding SMS contacts added to messenger eliminate the CDMA 140 character message per SMS limit?
    I wouldn't think so. The mechanism for sending an SMS is limited to 140 chars on a CDMA network regardless of how its sent
    12-15-09 12:23 PM
    no the character limit is still there sms thru bbm does not change this but it does make it alot easier to send multiple messages.
    12-15-09 12:36 PM
    How exactly is it easier to send multiple messages??
    12-15-09 12:38 PM
    so wait, you can add contacts to BBM and just use that instead of the SMS app? very cool!
    12-15-09 12:41 PM
    Its 160 characters. And yes it still is the limit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 12:54 PM
    no the character limit is still there sms thru bbm does not change this but it does make it alot easier to send multiple messages.
    I just make categories and groups
    thus all my mates at the cricket club have their own entry but also they are part of the cricket category and have a group called cricket to send a text to them all in one shot.
    12-15-09 02:46 PM
    I guess that would be easier in that aspect, but I dont think its easier to send it to multiple contacts...
    12-15-09 03:13 PM
    I use google voice... if someone sends me a SMS - it comes through the same number but their name shows. Now I can reply to that message and that person only will get it, or I can use the gvoice app on my S2.
    My question is this, is there a way to make it so all SMS go to BBM? Having this will allow me to completely stop using the SMS app and I'd prefer to do that.
    Let me know.
    12-15-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD