I admin a group by default. The originator backed out before I joined. The other admin asked me to co-admin. Then he switched to Android without either of us knowing the group password. So, here are my questions:

1) Is there a way to retrieve the password, so that some of the more in depth admin functions are accessible?

2) I've been told there's a limit to the number of members a group can have (I believe it's 30). If it is 30, we're getting close. But two of those members listed are me, based on PINs of phones that died. And one is the other original admin who hasn't been around, almost since the group began. Is there a way, even without the group password, to remove these three "members"?

Thanks.
    03-15-11 12:04 AM
    I admin a group by default. The originator backed out before I joined. The other admin asked me to co-admin. Then he switched to Android without either of us knowing the group password. So, here are my questions:

1) Is there a way to retrieve the password, so that some of the more in depth admin functions are accessible?

2) I've been told there's a limit to the number of members a group can have (I believe it's 30). If it is 30, we're getting close. But two of those members listed are me, based on PINs of phones that died. And one is the other original admin who hasn't been around, almost since the group began. Is there a way, even without the group password, to remove these three "members"?

Thanks.
    Still don't have the password. But, on the day I got the replacement phone, some of my admin functions wouldn't work. Twenty four hours later, they did. So, at least that part's OK.
    03-16-11 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD