I'm wondering if someone may know of a program I can get for my Blackberry that will allow me to write documents such as school reports, etc. If you know of one please let me know.
    11-19-09 12:44 PM
    Depends on what you need; simple word processing or spreadsheets? Either way Dataviz Documents to Go Premium will cover you very well, though the cost is a bit high (70 USD) so might not be the options you'd like to begin with. Give the trial a try though and see if you like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:47 PM
    You can write and edit documents with the free/basic version of Documents to Go that comes with version 4.5 of the phone OS.
    11-19-09 04:11 PM
    No u can't motorcycle mama. I guess it depends on the phone you have. On my Curve 8330 I am allowed to view and edit docs that I've downloaded, but cannot Create any unless I purchase premium. I have OS 4.5.0.175. My sis can create word docs as well as ppt without going premium but she has the Storm. I wonder if is a compatibilty issue or what. That's just my experience tho. We're both with Verizon.

11-19-09 04:29 PM
    No u can't motorcycle mama. I guess it depends on the phone you have. On my Curve 8330 I am allowed to view and edit docs that I've downloaded, but cannot Create any unless I purchase premium. I have OS 4.5.0.175. My sis can create word docs as well as ppt without going premium but she has the Storm. I wonder if is a compatibilty issue or what. That's just my experience tho. We're both with Verizon.

Create a blank Word Document then save to your phone (or send it in an email). Open it up, write what you want then click "save as" when your done. You will have your new document and your blank one still.
    11-19-09 04:33 PM
    Duude...Thats genious haha why didnt i think of that :/

Thx Ridesno i wil try it for sure
    11-19-09 05:32 PM
    Yep. My post doesn't say anything about being able to CREATE a document.

And if you set the document as "Read Only" on your computer before you send it to you device, you won't have to worry about overwriting it or remembering to use "Save As" instead of "Save".
    11-19-09 08:01 PM
    Write and send yourself an email.
    11-19-09 08:17 PM
    Moving to Native Apps
    11-19-09 08:24 PM
    It appears that Dataviz is offering an upgrade to V 2.x Premium for $29.00 - considered an upgrade from the free version on the phone. But the BLANK doc route does work.
    11-20-09 12:46 AM
    [QUOTE=Motorcycle Mama;4130088]You can write and edit documents with the free/basic version of Documents to Go that comes with version 4.5 of the phone OS.[/QU

my BB is an 8330 Curve. Do you know if it works with that style? Alltel told me that I can only read documents with the standard edition.

Thanx, V
    11-21-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD