Hi, i'm a newbie here and currently in dire need of some help.

Here is my situation:

I have a BB Bold unlocked from Rogers still ridin' on the standard OS (have downloaded .167 still the same problem). Today, the push email, internet, and BBM stopped working but the Blackberry logo is still showing beside the 3G logo. I can only send messages through BBM but can't seem to receive any reply.

I have tried the following remedies:
    1) sending my service book;
    2) registering my Host Routing Table;
    3) the Hail Mary of Blackberry troubles: the battery pull.

The service book remedy worked for a minute or less, but the BB failed on me again.

Any suggestions of what I'm suppose to do? I'm currently downloading the .167 from the sticky thread.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Togi; 11-07-08 at 10:52 AM.
    11-07-08 08:29 AM
    anyone? any hint or clue will do..
    11-07-08 08:53 AM
    when you said it is unlocked from rogers, have you changed service providers?
    11-07-08 09:13 AM
    yes i have.. bought it in Canada, unlocked it and use it on an Indonesian carrier.
    11-07-08 09:17 AM
    Do you know the configuration of the network, as i understand it most of Indonesia is using the similar 3g network as Rogers.
    11-07-08 09:26 AM
    it should also be noted that although you may have unlocked it, hardware is flashed for specific carriers. This is something that in most, if not all, cases cannot be undone.
    11-07-08 09:27 AM
    are you implying that there is something wrong with the unlocking?

i tried uploading a picture through facebook mobile earlier today and it worked. peculiar.
    11-07-08 09:35 AM
    no, there is nothing wrong with the unlocking, but the phone was set up to work specifically on Rogers' network, unlocking opens core functionality only, voice and sms.

I would recommend contacting your new sp, and get them to walk you though the core programming of the unit usually #MSL# then confirm the correct settings for your new SP.
    11-07-08 10:15 AM
    okay, will try to do that 2mrw.. thanks a bunch. I'm starting to get frustated because I am now running on .167 and it still doesn't help. And I can't log in to my BIS account.
    11-07-08 10:52 AM
    okay now I cannot log in to my BIS account. Could someone shed me some light on this matter? thanks..
    11-07-08 10:56 AM
    I have the same problem. But my internet works through the Media Net browser
    11-07-08 01:17 PM
    Something new to learn.

Thought it's all the bad service from the carrier since Telkomsel's customer service hasnt been helpful so far. Some friends have been experiencing the same thing, BIS not connected and cant login to Telkomsel's BB page, n yes, they're all on Telkomsel. But the core programming issue might shed a new light.

Togi, please share when n how your problem's solved. A friend is planning to go to Telkomsel tomorrow, will let you know if I hear good news.

Thanks, guys.
    11-07-08 01:39 PM
    it's up and running.

okay, in the midst of my cul-de-sac (i'm seriously exaggerating here, hehe) i called the Telkomsel customer service and after explaining they forwarded to their BIS officer (this was 1 AM) who suggested that I switch to 2G. And it worked, my BIS is also back on.

The only problem is I'm kinda hesitant now to switch back to 3G.

Thanks a lot for all the help guys.
    11-08-08 01:09 AM
    good to hear your problem's solved

my friend's BIS is finally connected, too. telkomsel's cs reset the BIS connection and got it up n running in no time, even on 3G. still curious on how 2G/3G could affect BIS connection on specific device regardless of the coverage area. but I'll leave it at that for now
    11-08-08 03:03 AM