I have a unlocked AT&T 8310 Blackberry Curve, and T-Mobile service. I also have the smartphone data service. What I need to know is how to set up my phone to use my bbm and my other apps as well. No one at t-mobile can seem to help me. All systems are up to date on the phone.

05-02-11 01:26 PM
    First thing......u simply need to verify that u have the network service turned on .......basically...........can u get online/send SMS or text messages / email / etc.

If not.........u need to find ur connections icon and make sure the network connection is checked. Would love to give u more specifics but I am on a BB Bold 9700 running OS6 and I don't have an 8330 or OS5 phone handy.

Once u verify u r online or on network.........just go in BBM.....hit ur BB or menu button...set ur profile and options.....and BBM should be ready.

Also........any other apps should download and work as well.

Hope this helps!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 11:10 AM
    You'll need to set the phone up on the T-Mobile BIS and make sure you have the proper service books.
    05-03-11 11:32 AM
    Network is working but can't operate any apps. How do I set up the T Mobile BIS?
    05-03-11 12:41 PM
    If network is working...........i.e. you can get online with browser/email/etc.............then BIS is working (assuming you are not WiFi connected.......then you have to be BIS connected).

Just as a check..........there are 2 ways to try and get service books:

1) Go into email setup
    2) While email setup is open....hit the Blackberry or Menu button......scroll down the menu and click on "Service Books"
    3) Then click "Send Service Books"

1) Open the "Options" wrench
    2) then click "Advanced Options"
    3) Scroll down and select "Service Books"

Either of these will work to get ur Service Books.

If your Service Books are loaded ......... and you are online (your network is working).........then all apps should work.
    Last edited by duckduke; 05-03-11 at 01:46 PM.
    05-03-11 01:44 PM
    I have 4 service books, but apps still not working... Also I can't get to email setup.
    05-03-11 03:25 PM
    Smartphone data is not BlackBerry data. Do you have a BB data plan?
    05-03-11 03:44 PM