Hi, I am new to this website n this is the first time I'm posting sumthing as I desperately need some help.

I recently got an unlocked verizon 9930. ( My brother in law switched to iphone n no longer uses it) so I purchased a Tmobile sim card with unlimited data and blackberry service. Sadly when I inserted the sim card I only got edge network n not EDGE. I cudnt use ne data unless I was in a wifi zone. So my question is, how do I get the EDGE network n hence make my bbm work?
    I have called Tmobile n was on the phone with then for an hour when they finally sd there's nothing they can do. I have read few forums on this site n tried the steps mentioned but nothing has helped.

With my previous blackberry (9780) the bbm wud work in a wifi zone even with no sim card inserted. However that's not happening with my unlocked 9930. How can I solve this?

Pls help me a with a solution! Thanks so much!
    04-28-12 11:46 PM
    I believe the phone is locked to verizon, which uses different frequencies than tmobile.
    Two things you can do, upgrade the OS on the 9930 and you will be able to use it in wifi zones. Or unlock the 9930 (many websites do it) and it should work on tmobile. But I don't know quite how well because I don't know the frequencies off the top of my head that tmobile uses and that the 9930 uses.
    04-29-12 12:00 AM
    i think you're gonna have to unlock the phone. I think crackberry has a direct site that can help with that for only 7 bucks or something
    04-29-12 12:07 AM
    Thanks for replying!
    The phone has already been unlocked. Do u think it'll help to unlock again?
    04-29-12 12:30 AM
    Once the device is unlocked, it stays unlocked.

Despite the misguided statement above, the problem stems from the fact that TMobile doesn't support that device natively.

Thus you will need to manually load the generic TMobile Service Books.

Read this thread for directions and downloads.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-t...m-95xx-106023/
    04-29-12 06:44 AM
    Once the device is unlocked, it stays unlocked.

Despite the misguided statement above, the problem stems from the fact that TMobile doesn't support that device natively.

Thus you will need to manually load the generic TMobile Service Books.

Read this thread for directions and downloads.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-t...m-95xx-106023/
    Thank u for the link.
    i followed all the steps and i still dnt hv EDGE network. however my browser is opening websites. how do i get bbm to work? tht is the main reason y i bought the blackberry service.
    04-29-12 06:08 PM
    You will not be able to get 3g/4g data on any 9930 thru T-Mobile because the 9930 doesn't have the 1700 mhz AWS band from T-Mobile, so you can forget about that.
    04-29-12 06:40 PM
    Thank u for the link.
    i followed all the steps and i still dnt hv EDGE network. however my browser is opening websites. how do i get bbm to work? tht is the main reason y i bought the blackberry service.
    Please post using real words and not text speak. It is very difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

You need to verify with TMobile that you have a BlackBerry specific data plan and that your device is properly activated on their BIS.

Then follow the steps in that thread again.
    04-29-12 06:43 PM
    Yes I do have a blackberry service plan activated. I know this because the same sim card works on my 9780.
    How do I verify that my device is activated on Tmobile's BIS? Is there a website I can log into?
    04-29-12 07:15 PM
    Call TMobile. Have them verify that the device is active on the BIS.
    04-29-12 08:16 PM
    Go MyTmobile.com, Login, Change device. Pick the 9900. Log Out and then log back in. On the top Navigation bar on the right you will see 'Email And Text Tools' Click on that and either it will ask u to enter your Imei and PIN or it will show you to the option to 'Send Service Books' to the phone.. and that should fix it IF you have the BB data as you said..

Sent from my Tool, not the 'Toy'
    04-29-12 08:29 PM
    Go MyTmobile.com, Login, Change device. Pick the 9900. Log Out and then log back in. On the top Navigation bar on the right you will see 'Email And Text Tools' Click on that and either it will ask u to enter your Imei and PIN or it will show you to the option to 'Send Service Books' to the phone.. and that should fix it IF you have the BB data as you said..

Sent from my Tool, not the 'Toy'
    I tried this and unfortunately no luck. I definitely have a BB data plan because this same simcard works on my 9780 perfectly. Also my t-mobile page mentions the blackberry data service.

Please someone help me solve this problem!
    04-30-12 01:36 AM
    Call TMobile. Have them verify that the device is active on the BIS.
    I did this and they said that the BIS already says its connected to the 9930. The lady said she is restarting my service and made me restart my phone but there was no difference.
    04-30-12 01:38 AM
    Then you need to keep trying to manually load the Service Books. Search through the forums and see if there are other download links.

This is what happens when you are trying to use a device that is supported natively by your carrier. You have to work harder to get it to work.
    04-30-12 06:53 AM
    ok i finally got it to work.
    i followed all steps mentions here : http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-t...m-95xx-106023/

and then i followed the steps mentioned here: How To: Use Verizon or Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9930 & Torch 9850 on T-Mobile | BlackBerryUnlocking.US | BlackBerry Unlocking | Unlock BlackBerry | BlackBerry Unlock Code

it now works beautifully! thanks for ur help everyone!
    04-30-12 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD