I have the following letter all ready to be emailed off to RIM, but I have no clue which email address to use, if anyone can private message me it or post it, I'd appreciate it, here is the letter I want to send:

To RIM,

I am writing this email to express my concerns with the Blackberry Torch 9800. I used to have the Blackberry Tour and bought out my contract in May 2011 in order to upgrade to a newer model of blackberry. I've had a lot of problems with the Torch 9800 since I have done this, I am currently on my 4th phone since May and am getting extremely frustrated with this model.

The following are the reasons my phone has been replaced already:

Twice a small piece inside the phone above the camera lens become dislodged and covered the lens, resulting in the camera becoming non-functional.
    I had issues with the phone constantly freezing or processing simple tasks very slowly (eg. typing text and it wouldn't show up for 20 to 30 seconds) and the battery life was very poor.

Currently my 4th model of this phone has been having issues as well now, the Y key doesn't work 33% of the time when I press it, meaning I will probably have to get this one replaced to, bringing me to my 5th model in 8 months.

I take very good care of my electronics and none of my phones have ever been dropped or exposed to abnormal conditions.

The last time I took my phone in to MTS (my provider), to get it looked at (the second time the camera lens became covered), i inquired about this model and my frustrations with it as I live 1100kms from the closest MTS store. I asked if I could upgrade to the 9810 in hopes these problems have been fixed and I wouldn't be without my phone or some features when I truly need them. They told me the only way I could upgrade is to buy out my contract again, which I am only 8 months into a 36 month contract at $70 per month.

To sum up everything, I have become very frustrated in a product that I am paying a lot for and I am not getting the full features out of it, living in such a remote area I need a reliable phone, this model is not working for me and I want to get away from it. My only option at this point is to buy out my contract and then start a new contract with a different phone, if I do this I am going to be looking at Androids as well as iPhones and comparing them to the latest Blackberry's and making a decision. I was wondering if there is anything you can do for me, before I explore this option of buying out my phone.

I am a dedicated Blackberry supporter, but lately I am having second thoughts.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.
    01-16-12 01:13 PM
    http://www.rim.com/company/contact/index.shtml

it clearly states on their website for product inquires to email
    help@rim.com
    01-16-12 01:21 PM
    that's the bad side of contract. RIM will not upgrade your phone don't even thing about it, they will say that you have to contact your ISP that you have your contract with.

About the slowness of your phone, what OS are you using ? we all know that OS 141 and 246 was just a load of crap that doesn't run properly, since we got .337 and .448, everything went "normal" after that.

The company that will want to keep you is your ISP so make sure you tell them how unhappy you are with the phone, and talk to supervisor if you need to, while ago with Telus I manage to get a replacement of my sucky nokia phone with a better lg one, but I had to complain a lot several time for at least 3 week (I won!) and I was in the middle of a contract too.

But hey, if you still want to try with rim, I suggest to forget about finding RIM's email and look for the phone number and call.
    01-16-12 01:33 PM

But hey, if you still want to try with rim, I suggest to forget about finding RIM's email and look for the phone number and call.
    thanks for the suggestions, I will try and contact my ISP and see what they say, I'll skip the first rep and ask for the loyalty department right away. If they won't do anything, I'll contact RIM by phone.

I tried the help@rim.com email earlier and I got an automated response saying that is for carrier's to contact them and I need a number in the subject line.
    01-16-12 02:47 PM
    thanks for the suggestions, I will try and contact my ISP and see what they say, I'll skip the first rep and ask for the loyalty department right away. If they won't do anything, I'll contact RIM by phone.

I tried the help@rim.com email earlier and I got an automated response saying that is for carrier's to contact them and I need a number in the subject line.
    what kind of #? like a reference #? a Case #?

you know if you call mts and be difficult they will connect your directly with RIM on the phone and you can speak to one of their CSRs
    01-16-12 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD