Folks,

I've been reading up on this, but I'm at a loss. If you'll see in my screenshot, after wiping and installing .323, I've now got a second email icon that mimics my BES Messages icon. I'm guessing that this is a BIS related icon, but I'm at a loss as to why it's still there and how to get rid of it, short of hiding it of course.

A little bit of background, I've always used the Gmail client for managing my personal Gmail account, so am not too familiar with BIS (I manage my company's BES), but when I gave 5.0.230 a whirl, I setup the Gmail enhanced plug-in, via the Email setup utility. Essentially a BIS setup, but didn't really care for the duplicate emails in my main Message folder. Because of that and other issues, I ended up downgrading back to 167, but every time I reactivated against my BES, I kept getting the Gmail BIS icon, until I deleted the Service Books (or re-added and removed the BIS setup).

Now, I've upgraded to this latest OS and am loving it, accept for this new icon. Instead of the Gmail BIS icon, I have this Desktop icon which is a duplicate of my Messages folder. Not a big deal, but I'm left scratching my head as to what's going on here. I've checked both the Email setup, and VZN's BIS setup site, and both concur that I've got nothing configured.

What am I missing, and how do I clean it up? I see no Service books specific to this, as far as I can tell. If someone could clue me in, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by NinjaRAT; 10-22-09 at 05:35 AM.
    10-21-09 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD