02-13-10 03:11 PM
41 12
tools
    When will it be launched ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 12:55 PM
    They already launched it. It's called "Compose SMS Text." :P Haha. In all seriousness, I don't know.
    10-23-09 08:41 PM
    It will be launched on the Storm3 and the Bold10000

Honestly, no launch information has been speculated, not even any beta talk so who knows.
    10-23-09 08:43 PM
    from intomobile - they're saying mid November

Official BlackBerry Twitter Client Coming November 16 with Push?

##############

There are a lot of options in the BlackBerry (NSDQ: RIMM) twitter app market these days, but the killer feature of real-time, push tweets is still missing, which apparently only RIM will be able to provide in the near future. Rumours of an official twitter client being in the works have surfaced alongside a feature list and a November 16 launch target.

* Notification of number of new tweets on the home screen with icon, like text messages
    * Main app opens friends timeline
    * Ability to view followers
    * Follow/unfollow functions
    * Create direct messages, replies and new tweets
    * Keyword search and saved results
    * Tweet photos directly from camera or memory card
    * View photos from other tweets
    * View trending topics
    * Address book integration

Existing software can offer core functions and do some neat stuff with GPS, RIMs ability to really leverage the push tech that theyre famous for will easily make this the best BlackBerry twitter client out there. The software will eventually come preloaded on all devices according to tipsters, in addition to being available through App World. The address book integration is a nice touch, and follows closely in the Facebook apps footsteps. I trust the option to view @ replies and direct messages in your messages folder will be enabled, just like the instant messaging clients, but well have to wait and cross our fingers.
    10-24-09 12:07 PM
    have we heard anymore info on this?
    11-06-09 03:50 PM
    wow, just heard about this now. pretty pumped about this. if the rumors are true a mid november release will be just around the corner. hopefully it had a decent UI. SS and ubertwitter are decent looking apps. i find i use an app more if its eye pleasing and obviously easy to use.
    11-06-09 03:54 PM
    This should be good... looking forward to it (I guess)

Seems like a no-brainer, especially if RIM is expecting to tap into that social-addict market... with phones like the Blur and others that are almost built AROUND these types of sites, this seems like a perfect addition to the Blackberry lineup of standard apps.

I always wonder how that will affect battery life though... push Twits and all. Ehhh... we'll see I guess.
    11-08-09 11:49 PM
    Well,.... It's now the 17th.
    11-17-09 09:34 AM
    A friend went to Mexico's Blackberry 9700 launch and he saw RIM's twitter application, he asked and they told him to expect a beta release on February.

Here is a picture he took of the twitter application:

Ohhhh... foto del cliente nativo de Twitter que pronto incluirán los nuevos BB y podrás bajarlo... | TweetPhoto
    01-19-10 08:45 PM
    HAHA @jpj331 and @drm2blv

But I mean really Uber Twitter isnt that bad. Lets just hope this Native client is better than the Facebook App. Cuz it sucks
    01-19-10 09:33 PM
    A friend went to Mexico's Blackberry 9700 launch and he saw RIM's twitter application, he asked and they told him to expect a beta release on February.

Ohhhh... foto del cliente nativo de Twitter que pronto incluirán los nuevos BB y podrás bajarlo... | TweetPhoto
    Nice find!
    01-19-10 10:04 PM
    Nice find!
    This is cool! How's that comparing with Uber twitter?
    01-20-10 12:14 AM

Hoping to see it in Feb... But we seem to have heard a 'expect it in' back in Nov too :-)
    Between SS flaking out on a LOT of their long time testers and not updating any of us, and this taking forever, I'm going nuts waiting

Oh well.. Back to Ubertwitter I guess... I just with it didnt drain my battery so fast...
    02-03-10 03:30 PM
    getting very anxious for this....
    02-09-10 07:53 PM
    02-11-10 09:39 AM
    Anyone lucky enough to get an invite?
    02-11-10 12:54 PM
    Oh. great... an invite only again.... (SS flashbacks......)
    Already less than impressed... Wonder if we'll ever see this one for real...
    02-11-10 01:52 PM
    Anyone lucky enough to get an invite?
    Just received an invite code from the folks at RIM. I'll post my impressions a little later
    02-11-10 03:24 PM
    Just received an invite code from the folks at RIM. I'll post my impressions a little later
    how did you get so lucky??!!
    02-11-10 03:29 PM
    How about you post the .COD file instead.

I'd be indebted to you, app wise.
    02-11-10 03:30 PM
    how did you get so lucky??!!
    I just dropped them an email kindly requesting an invite, and they just so happened to be nice enough to supply me with one.

How about you post the .COD file instead.

I'd be indebted to you, app wise.
    Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to begin in doing something like this.
    02-11-10 03:38 PM
    Quick first impressions before I go watch 2012.

- The UI is gorgeous. Isn't as cluttered as BGR makes out, but there's room for improvement.

- Profile page lags a little when trying to load the map of your, or a users location.

- Being able to bring up a compose box from almost anywhere on the OS(outside the app) is very nice

I'll try and post more after I've had some time to use it
    02-11-10 03:45 PM
    Can someone drop some screenshots of the Twitter app please?
    02-11-10 05:28 PM
    Can someone drop some screenshots of the Twitter app please?
    There's a bunch here: A quick look at Twitter for BlackBerry Boy Genius Report
    02-11-10 06:42 PM
    @theiexplorers have a desktop install for it in their twitter feed.....the OTA doesn't work
    02-11-10 07:01 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD