Hello !

I needed to reinstal my firmware and when I tryed to download RIM ICQ from theirs web sites, it wasn t there and I found out that it is discontinued (and will no longer be able to connect it). But As I see ppl around are connecting via this app, but I cant find it anywhere. Don t you know where it is possible to download (latest) version of RIM ICQ as *.cod file (or other format supported via BBSAK) ? Sure I know there is much other programs but I liked RIMs one. I have strom 2 9520.

Thanks for any help,

Limoze
    12-21-10 11:21 AM
    Trillian is a great icq substitute.
    Trillian for BlackBerry

IM+ will also help you with being a free ICQ sub client.
    BlackBerry apps: IM+ Instant Messaging to chat within MSN/Live Messenger, Yahoo!, AIM/iChat, ICQ, Jabber, Skype, MySpace IM, Google Talk, Facebook, and Twitter. IM+ Talk, Business Card Reader, xPlayer, Photo Translator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 11:28 AM
    Beejive would be another possibility.
    12-21-10 12:21 PM
    You could also google around for an actual ICQ by RIM ota, I know they dropped support but the app might still work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 12:29 PM
    you can thank me with money

these files were taken from the 8900 5.0.0.1036 os leak, and should work fine on the storm.
    12-21-10 12:46 PM
    Many thanks for the answers. As I mentioned - I know (nearly) all alternatives but I m looking for RIM ICQ (and I m not succesfull when I try to google it). Only chance seems to be to find someone who made BBSAK app backup with storm 2 and in that folder /with a backup/ should be something like "RIM ICQ.cod" (or simillar). So if anyone can send it to me I can try if it will work. RIM wrote that they discontinued ICQ but connections by theirs program is still working. So I need only RIMs app. (correct me if my contemplation is wrong).
    12-21-10 12:52 PM
    Many thanks for the answers. As I mentioned - I know (nearly) all alternatives but I m looking for RIM ICQ (and I m not succesfull when I try to google it). Only chance seems to be to find someone who made BBSAK app backup with storm 2 and in that folder /with a backup/ should be something like "RIM ICQ.cod" (or simillar). So if anyone can send it to me I can try if it will work. RIM wrote that they discontinued ICQ but connections by theirs program is still working. So I need only RIMs app. (correct me if my contemplation is wrong).
    did you even SEE the post i made?
    12-21-10 12:55 PM
    Ehm, we musted wrote it together. X-D Now I see it. I tryed to install it via app loader but it is just writting to me that app is not compatibile with my device. I should try BBSAK, but it can t install *.alx files.
    12-21-10 01:03 PM
    Ehm, we musted wrote it together. X-D Now I see it. I tryed to install it via app loader but it is just writting to me that app is not compatibile with my device. I should try BBSAK, but it can t install *.alx files.
    the alx file is for the 8900, so it won't be recognised by app loader. sorry about that. the two cod files can be pushed with bbsak or bbmcp, then reboot and enjoy!
    Limoze likes this.
    12-21-10 01:06 PM
    Sir I don t know you, but I love you ! It works. Thank you very much ! Where should I send money ?
    12-21-10 01:27 PM
    Sir I don t know you, but I love you ! It works. Thank you very much ! Where should I send money ?
    eh, it was nothing. glad to help out.
    12-21-10 01:31 PM
    Hi Guys,

Im looking for some help, since icq was discontinued, im still have it installed on my bold 9700 but its imposssible get login, im receiving an error which say that user or pass are not valid. What should i do so i can get back icq working again as Limoze did it??...btw have icq version 2.5.63

begging for any help to have it working back. thanks in advance!!!
    12-29-10 03:03 AM
    According to this knowledge base article: KB24935-Discontinuation of ICQ for BlackBerry smartphones , ICQ has been discontinued and we can no longer use it. Is there any way around this? I really liked the app. I know ICQ is no longer popular in North America but it is still the main IM client used in some other countries.
    01-13-11 08:24 AM
    Try using the Native RIM AIM Client and use the ICQ login there.
    01-14-11 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD