I have just had my storm 2 back from Vodafone after it faild to boot up, now the native calander appears to becausing the phone to crash.

When I select calander the button lights up but then does nothing, any ideas?

I have all the updates installed and Vodaphone have just reflashed the phone.

I am using pocket informant instead which is far better than the origonal.

Any idea why the calander is causing the crash and what the solution could be?
    07-02-10 12:04 PM
    I think it very unlikely that Calendar will crash a BlackBerry. However you clearly have a problem so let's try and solve it.

Try rebooting to Safe Mode first by doign a battery pull and holding donw the Escape key whilst the phone boots.

This will give you a clean boot without any 3rd party apps.

So now you have a clean booted BlackBerry. Does Calendar still crash the phone? If so, there is an OS problem and It probably needs reloading in spite of what VodaFone have just done.

Please try this and come back here.
    07-02-10 12:13 PM
    I have to agree with Pete on this one. Never heard of the calendar app crashing a BB before. You can try the safe mode as outlined above, or you could just do a backup, wipe and reload.
    07-02-10 12:18 PM
    Any new apps or themes recently installed. I downloaded a theme once and had it scramble my clocks timer. After deleting the theme all was fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 10:49 PM
    Hi guys, as with Odin my Storm 2 (9520) has started crashing with the native calendar.

I was wondering whether it might be the BerrySlider app causing the crash. Or is it Storm specific??

Anyway, I will follow your advice and let you know how I got on - just thought you would be interested to know it's not necessarily an isolated incident.
    12-27-10 03:27 PM
    If it's not and isolated incident I would now suspect a faulty Os. Was the Os recently upgraded?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD